• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Differences between H61, H67, H77 and B75 chipsets?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Numbers of usb and sata ports. maybe sata2 vs sata3? H67 can overclock the igpu and bclk for the cpu. h77 may have virtu for gpu other than that I dunno.

Edit: http://ark.intel.com/compare/52806,52807,64018
That would be the intel options. board companies can add or remove stuff to that. Looks like rapid storage is another difference.

Awesome,! thanks for the link...now when it says PCI Express configurations, and only lists x1,x2,x4...
Does that mean board with a single PCIe full length slot, have tied various lanes to make a full x16 slot?

And, if google is correct, only the higher end skews like the p67,z68, and z77 chipsets can adjust the multi on "K" series cpus?

Correct on the overclocking chipsets.

I wouldn't get H61 or H67. Those were released with Sandy Bridge, and you may or may not need BIOS updates to get them to support Ivy Bridge (which you would need a SB CPU to update the BIOS anyway, plus sometimes support for future CPUs through BIOS updates isn't always the best). B75 is built for business/corporate PCs, H77 is more the general home/media use. I'd say H77, unless you want to OC, which you should go Z77.

Back