• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tanker is IN the house!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adak

SETI doesn't work right with Ubuntu 10.04, so Tanker is crunching on Rosetta, earlier than was planned.

It's not been a full day of crunching due to time spent trying to solve the SETI problem, but it's a start:

RosettaDay1.PNG

This is Tanker's first time crunching Rosetta. It can't use all it's 64 cores, due to the large memory requirement of Rosetta work units these days - but it's doing about 60 cores for Rosie.

More help will be arriving soon. :thup:

Last edited:
I've got 2 2600ks and 13 C2Qs running Rosetta now. Two more C2Qs to add. RAC is climbing.

Added the other two, though one is suspended waiting on a particularly long FAH WU to finish. It should start tomorrow.

Glad to be here. It's been a struggle with Tanker, because Ubuntu 10.04 is incompatible with SETI, and won't be fixed because that version is too old.

Rosetta was using too much ram and bogging down Tanker REALLY badly (using a huge swap file). Finally found a way to cut down the wu's it will crunch at any one time - Tanker loses 25% of it's power, but it gains a far greater amount of crunching power, than it had previously.

So, we'll see how it goes!

Took a bit to get Bionic on my farm. My forces are split, 22 CPUs on Rosetta and 11 GPUs on SETI.

Is there any remote monitoring software similar to HFM?

Holy cow, our Team RAC is already back up to 92K! That's a 20K increase in 4 days!

usergraph.php

Thank you F@H Bros!

Not as well as I'd hoped for. Tanker has about half a GB of RAM per it's 64 cores, which isn't enough to suit Rosetta. I ran it with just 75% of it's cores active, but even that was a bit much, and dragging down the production.

TBH, I don't recall the numbers, but it wasn't great. For a 4P, if you want to run Rosetta at full speed, you need to get the memory requirements for it's current WU's and multiply that by the number of cores you have + a bit more for the overhead.

In the case of Tanker, I'd need 64GB of RAM, to be on the safe side, I believe.

How are your 4P systems doing with Rosetta?

Not as well as I'd hoped for. Tanker has about half a GB of RAM per it's 64 cores, which isn't enough to suit Rosetta. I ran it with just 75% of it's cores active, but even that was a bit much, and dragging down the production.

TBH, I don't recall the numbers, but it wasn't great. For a 4P, if you want to run Rosetta at full speed, you need to get the memory requirements for it's current WU's and multiply that by the number of cores you have + a bit more for the overhead.

In the case of Tanker, I'd need 64GB of RAM, to be on the safe side, I believe.

How are your 4P systems doing with Rosetta?

Haven't done it yet, just wondered if it was worth it.

I could put 64gb on one board, I might give that a try soon. Currently my memory use on other boards is peaking around 750k per core.

Back