• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SB-E same as SB for Max Multi?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoD_tattoo

Going to start building a SB-E rig today, and was wondering if the steps are the same to find the max on SB-E as it is for SB? Thanks guys

Not that I recall...

I think there was a binning process on a particular board (massman has a thread at hwbot) but I dont recall the board or process.

Theres a process but its not exactly accurate.

The best way to bin them is to actually take the chips cold to see what they can do (air/water kind of allows you to bin them but not as effectively)

They do run rather warm. I can definately see it being near impossible to find the max on air as it heats up too much. I am checking each of the chips to try to get as close to 5ghz with lowest voltage as I can..

Keep the VRM area cool as well, that could also be a limiting factor on air on an open test bench.

I put fans everywhere I can think of. It's warm. Lol.

Anyone know why when I put in the 3rd 7970 I lost the ability to overclock using afterburner? It only let's me adjust GPU2. When I try to adjust one of the others, it's the equivalent of greyed out. It's not there. I have synchronizing settings checked off. Unchecked it's the same thing.

So if you have sync turned on it still doesn't OC the card?

Back