• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Operation Banana: Rosetta Rescue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_cultie

USS%20Poo%20FlingerOB.jpg

After sailing through the night the USS Poo Flinger has reached Rosetta Refuge,
the last stop of Operation Banana.
It's a 1 weeks stay so crunch hard and get the Poo Turrets cleaned
for the last few days of this operation :salute:

Congrats! Overclockers.com is the #3 team in credits/day, yesterday!

HayesK earned 80k+ credits, all by himself! :shock: :soda: :shock:

OCF will be well placed to pass SETI,Germany, UNLESS we pass it DURING Operation Banana! :D

Took a bit, but finally got the BoincView running. The developer dropped support a few years ago, but basic features still work, allowing me to monitor my farm status.

Attachments

• BoincView - HayesK  06-08-2012.PNG
    BoincView - HayesK 06-08-2012.PNG
    66.6 KB · Views: 159
Okey, dokey. I'm now folding for Rosetta tasks. When changing over from SETI and adding the Rosetta project I've encountered the "join team" page. Since I joined OCF when setting up BOINC for SETI, am I automatically teamed with OCF for Rosetta?

Okey, dokey. I'm now folding for Rosetta tasks. When changing over from SETI and adding the Rosetta project I've encountered the "join team" page. Since I joined OCF when setting up BOINC for SETI, am I automatically teamed with OCF for Rosetta?

No.

Every project you join in BOINC, you need to tell it what team you want to be on. Once that's been done however, it will remember what projects you're on, as long as you're connected to that project. If you disconnect from a BOINC project, you can tell it that you're a returning user, give it your email address and BOINC password, and it will reconnect you with your account.

Having said that, I have read that BOINC is having several features added to it, and the one you mention would make a lot of sense, since many BOINC teams contribute to several different BOINC projects.

In Bionic Manager highlight Rosetta then pick preferences on the left. You may have to log in to your account and You can change your team there.

No.

Every project you join in BOINC, you need to tell it what team you want to be on. Once that's been done however, it will remember what projects you're on, as long as you're connected to that project. If you disconnect from a BOINC project, you can tell it that you're a returning user, give it your email address and BOINC password, and it will reconnect you with your account.

Having said that, I have read that BOINC is having several features added to it, and the one you mention would make a lot of sense, since many BOINC teams contribute to several different BOINC projects.

Done ! Thanks...

I have a bunch errors and they are not on only one machine...is this normal?

Attachments

• Typical.JPG
    Typical.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 130
Sometimes a broken WU escapes into the server.
What I do is check to see if anybody else has done the WU and see if it died on their box too.

Thanking TRP Misson Update

Sorry for the lack of updates since we arrive at Rosetta Refuge, life has gotten in the way again,
can't believe its been nearly a week since I got to look at the forums properly :chair:

It seems though that the crew has managed quite well in my absence, one of the reasons I love this forum and this team. Well done everyone :salute:

Last day before we return home to Monkey Island!!

Return to Monkey Island

After a week long stay at Rosetta Refuge and a fantastic performance by the crew of the USS Poo Flinger
it is now time to return home to Monkey Island and get back to our regular folding duties. The USS Poo Flinger will be brought
back into dry dock where she will have a complete over haul and will hopefully be ready for next years Chimp Challenge

However, we just can't relax just yet. With our defenses reduced with the USS Poo Flinger and her crew on their mission
the Russians in the form of TSC! have stated approaching our island trying to take 4th place for themselves.
It's time to man the defenses and show TSC! who's the boss. We're not Chimp Challenge Champions because of our good looks!

It was an honor serving with you all and I hope we do it again next year :salute:

BACK TO OUR MONKEY HOME!!

Well it's not much, but it has been proven that folding with Team32 will improve your looks :p

Back