• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth Z77 reporting ridiculous temperature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seltox

Registered
Yo,

My Sabertooth Z77 is reporting an absolutely ridiculous, and obviously wrong, temperature:

wrongtemp.png

On the Z77, the heatsinks are underneath the plating stuff, so I can't actually feel them directly, but NONE of the plating on the board feels even close to what I would call "hot".

I'm assuming it must be some sort of faulty sensor or something.. If it is, would there be a problem with just ignoring it? A motherboard is a pretty horrible thing to have to RMA.

Also, what are some good programs to check temperatures with, to make sure it's not just this terrible Asus suite that is screwing up (Seriously, almost all the bundled Asus software is horrible :p)

Try hwmonitor.

Probably just a bad sensor. It is unlikely to cause any issues. Another possibly solution would be to download the latest version of ai suite, might be a software issue aswell.

Yeah, I have HWMonitor as well, it's what I use for monitoring my CPU temps, but I don't know what the motherboard ones really mean..

Right now "TZ00" is 28, "TZ01" is 30. And sometimes a few other sensors show up on it, but they seem to sit REALLY low. Oddly enough though, I once saw one that said it's max was like 420, and it said it's current was 2.. I guess that could be the faulty sensor.

Pretty good.

It's in a Corsair Obsidian 650D case:
- Front 200mm (unobstructed, hard drive cages are moved)
- Front 120mm (aftermarket hard drive cage in 5.25" slots)
- 2x 120mm roof (on a 240mm radiator)
- 120mm exhaust
- both 35mm fans installed on the motherboard

wp000263y.jpg

I've actually uninstalled the bundled Asus Suite for now. Intending to get an updated version, but I haven't gotten around to it yet :p

Looks like good case cooling. Would that plastic covering over the motherboard hold in the heat?

I have the same motherboard with the same issue... and the exact same high mobo temp (127)....
Any ideas ?

I am currently running Thermal Radar v1.01.22 and am getting the same reading off the motherboard from the same sensor. But it only happened when I rendered a video file. All my other temps went up, but are still in normal range. This sensor also happens to be close to to the USB/OI case switches. Also, I have a fan blowing right on it and still getting the 127 reading.

Has anyone contacted Asus for an RMA to see what the problem is? Mine is brand new (had is less than 30 days so I could just return it for a new one), but I want to know if it's just a flaw in the production so all models are this way, or just a few flukes. Any thoughts?

Mine reported a temperature of -1 degree C last night after several hours of Civ5.

4930K cpu, 32Gb, Seddon 240M dual fan cool, Corsair 800ish PSU, 780Ti OC. (3 days old, just rebuilding office now...)

Back