• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooled System Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadow300

Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing something interesting with a mini itx tower. I'm wondering if two 120mm radiators and a single 200mm radiator would be enough to cool an i7 3770k and a GTX 680 hydro copper?

bare enough. :)

you might want to fit in some stronger fans to compensate.
but in short, yes, enough, and depends on how much you OC ur chip and CPU

Hmm, yeah I'm not even going to overclock cause I just don't need it. Although, before you guys say why water cool, I want to make it clear that this is to make a dead silent pc that is small and powerful. But with all that in mind, it will be enough?

Yea, that's enuff rad. Ain't gonna be silent, but under non gaming loads as silent as can be. All your fans will be under 1000 RPM. Good fans are close to silent at that speed.

Also, if silence is a goal, make sure you isolate the pump as best you can...

yeah I'm gonna use a large foam sticky pad to mount it to the bottom of my case. Do you think it would be worth it to build a sound proofed box to house it?

though i have never water cooled a system, i've read enough of these threads to know that you need to make sure that there is a little bit of air space under the pump to ensure the pump can cool itself. if not, there is a chance that your pump will overheat/melt/malfunction/other bad things...

you can still use the foam, just make sure that you leave some air space

yeah I'm gonna use a large foam sticky pad to mount it to the bottom of my case. Do you think it would be worth it to build a sound proofed box to house it?
Maybe. Decide afterward if you think it's worth it. Usually they cut down on ventilation and you end up with just as much noise, or more, due to increased heat and air resistance.

Back