• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Red dotted line down screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deltafan909

I have a Samsung Syncmaster SA550 27" 1080p monitor that is relatively new. I am also using two ATI 5770's. My monitor that has this red dotted line down the screen is hooked up into my top 5770 through HDMI. Is this a problem with my monitor or my video card?

IMG_1044[1].JPG

IMG_1046[1].JPG

(Sorry the pictures are sideways)

Maybe a driver issue, Monitor or GPU going bad or it could be the cable or the connections between gpu and monitor... I for sure would start with cable.. Ive seen bad cables do that.

I have most updated drivers from ATI since April, so I doubt drivers is it. I'll try another HDMI cable I have laying around, and see what happens.

EDIT 1: It's not the cable. Next I will try plugging another computer into it.
EDIT 2: I narrowed it down to the monitor. I tried using my other video card, making sure my drivers were updated, using another cable, and even used a whole other computer. Thanks for the help! :)

Last edited:
Ok, now that I know it is my monitor. I will take it back to BestBuy. I am hoping I can get store credit instead of just a replacement. So, what do you guys think is the biggest, best monitor I can get for around $275-$325?

Catleap.. Look on ebay. or microcenter.. THere is a Guy on here named "EarthDog" he swears by it, Says the exact samething as apples $1k 27" monitor and for less than half the price.

Wow, that looks amazing. I would consider that, but if I get Store Credit from BestBuy, I can only use it there and they don't carry that brand :/

How about this

Asus makes great stuff as well.. How did your video cards do one the messed up monitor? What Res is your current one?

Eh, I only used 1 at a time because I use one monitor per video card and don't play games in full screen. I am running at 1920x1080 and I get 'ok' fps in FSX at almost Ultra High settings. With crossfire, I noticed no difference because FSX is an extremely CPU dependent game. I think I will stick with 1080p monitors.

Back