• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible Catalyst Issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Weatherlite

When I use CCC to extend the desktop onto two screens I get a weird box with a couple small arrows (can't see them in pic but they are where the arrow points) in the middle of the secondary screen. When I duplicate the desktop it's not there, only when I extend. Doesn't matter what background I use...and yes I tried resetting numerous times. Ideas?

Attachments

• P1010264.JPG
    P1010264.JPG
    404.8 KB · Views: 48
Can you take a picture with a camera?

That IS a picture taken with a camera. Guess I should have changed backgrounds to see the square better huh? lol It's that square you see the arrow pointing to. I'll change backgrounds when I get back home and resubmit the pic.

Okay, I saw it (I couldn't see it on my phone previously). I was more looking for the arrows that are in the square that you mention than just a black box. Honestly I'm not sure. I assume with each monitor by themselves (the other disconnected) it works just fine?

Maybe something weird with eyefinity? Have you tried newer/older drivers?

Here's a better look at just the box area with a white background if it helps. Yeah, single monitor works fine, and actually spanning the desktop using W7 utilities does NOT have that box, only when using CCC. Weird. I honestly haven't checked the driver version yet because I know that sometimes having the latest and greatest for CCC isn't necessarily the best idea and I wanted to see if someone else had ran into this previously.

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 32
Problem solved....sorta. I don't know where the conflict is, but it's not actually CCC. It's ASUS AI causing the box to appear. Again, it doesn't appear when I span using Windows, only with CCC, which is what led me to believe it was CCC. However, when I opened AI the box disappeared. When I closed it, it reappeared. :shrug: Not worried now that I know it's not my video software.

Back