• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NOX Live2 HTPC build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

barackuda

Hello all, new to the forum please spare me :chair:
As I will be building a new pc probably with i3 later this year I decided to use my old stuff to make a HTPC.
Today I bought a NOX Live2 case and will be putting inside the guts from my big case (should be in my sig).
I hope I can fit the whole thing inside with the GTX460 and the Cooler Master TX3 Evo CPU cooler. Still looking for some chipset cooler as this runs a little hot. I am now at 3.0GHz with the E4500. Runs stable and cool (low 35C high 55C).
It can store ATX form, so its pretty spacious inside. As cooling goes, it can have 2x80mm fans at the back + 2x 80/90/100/120mm fans at both sides.
My question is, which fans to use to have low noise during HD movie playback? I have been looking at the Scythe SlipStream 120mm fans with 800U/min. Will this be enough cooling and quiet too?

I will be running the E4500 probably at 2.6GHz, should be enough for everyday use and movie watching.

Danny

P.S.: putting it together as i type.... the CoolerMaster TX3 EVO does NOT fit under the top cover.... Only info for someone who thinks about this cooler....Has to be the Big Shuriken 2 i think

Last edited:
Small update. Consider it help if someone decide to build same HTPC:
- if using mATX boards, PSU with depth greater then 140mm will cause you problem with installing full size GPU card
- be carefull with standard delivered stand offs, as the thread can be damaged very easy
- pay attention to fan selection (i am using now 120mm ultra silent (13dB) fans on sides, 100mm CPU cooling fan, 40mm NB cooling fan - noisy bloody ********, 2x80mm system fans running at 5V) AND THE SYSTEM IS STILL LITTLE BIT LOUD at 1-2 ft (30-60cm). Its loud as a laptop cooling the CPU...

I had to modify my PSU guiet a lot to accomodate GTX460 GPU, but was well worth it.

Now some pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Danny

P.S.: how the heck do you upload pics with imageshack???? which link to copy?

Last edited:
Back