• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ivy bridge cpu cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
newuser1, I cleaned up your thread. Giatrakis was a troll and his posts had no business polluting your thread. Please accept our apologies for not catching that for sure earlier.

That fan doesn't fit on socket 1155, no. Its screws are fixed so it can't adjust in and out to fit the various sockets. You wouldn't want that fan anyway, it's pretty much junk.

As far as the Cryo-TEC marketing gimmick, it's pretty pointless to run your CPU around 0°C. There is little to no benefit in overclocking headroom as opposed to a solid not-thousands-of-dollars water loop and it introduces the problem of condensation for no reason other than to say you've got it.

You need to use dry ice or liquid nitrogen to see real, tangible benefits of extreme cooling. Anything between ~-25°C and +40°C is, IMHO, really an expensive marketing gimmick.

I am not sure if this is possible or good idea.

The case I have originally has a led fan on side panel position facing right on top of cpu cooler. when I had cooler master hyper tx3 installed, there is still a distance to it. now i have artcic pro 13 on, the cooler is too tall, it almost hit the panel, I had to take out the panel fan.

the original fan is 2.5 cm in thickness. is there any case fan that are ultra thin that will fit?

I am not sure if this is possible or good idea.

The case I have originally has a led fan on side panel position facing right on top of cpu cooler. when I had cooler master hyper tx3 installed, there is still a distance to it. now i have artcic pro 13 on, the cooler is too tall, it almost hit the panel, I had to take out the panel fan.

the original fan is 2.5 cm in thickness. is there any case fan that are ultra thin that will fit?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185138

I found collection of fan at frozencpu.com.

what is difference between 12V and 5V ? 5V blow less air ?

Huh? Almost all PC fans are 12V...but people reduce the voltage to the fan to make them spin slower/be quieter.

Back