• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM not running in dual channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leviatan1

Hello I've been reading some post here and got redirected from G.skill web page,
So i'll tell you my problem:

I have my new PC, wich is composed for:

AMD PHENOM II x4 970 BE
ASUS M5A97 EVO
G.SKILL 1600 MHZ 2x2GB code F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL(XMP)

BOTH stick works and they run in single channel.

The problem is in DUAL channel that i get NO MEMORY DETECTED in POST.

I've never changed something in BIOS yet.

I would ask to you that you tell me the USUAL set up for running this RAMS at dual channel at 1600 AND 1333 MHZ. ND if its ok to do it and not ruin my cpu , wich i dont want to tweak at all.

TY very much

I have that same motherboard and I'm running GSKill 1600 ram as well and in dual channel mode. Put one stick in slot #2 and one in slot #4, the two blue slots. Leave slots #1 and #3 empty.

I already did that, and got NO MEMORY error during POST. I can't get into BIOS, but with one stick i can get into BIOS, so what should i CONFIG for getting dual channel to work? (both sticks works fine individually)

Try two things:

First, reset the CMOS with the jumper. Power down and install both sticks of ram. Make sure you power down and disconnect the PSU from the wall before you move the jumper and make sure you put the jumper back into the original position before you restore power.

If that doesn't work, put just one stick of ram in, go into bios and set the memory speed manually to 1333 mhz. That means taking it off of Auto and putting it to Manual and then selecting the 1333 mhz speed setting. Then power down and put the other stick of ram in.

The first thing you said, I did it to make work one stick, since first time I tried dual channel from first install and got NO MEM ERROR I had to clean CMOS and then used ONE STICK.

I'll do your second proposal, in ANOTHER FORUM recommended this TOO, so I think that the opinion of 2 experienced users is good enough for me. TOMORROW ill let you KNOW.

Back