• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking and Benchmarking my new GT 630 GDDR5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pavin

Hi guys, I have installed a new GT 630 graphics card.Upgraded from a 9400 GT since I wanted to play BF3 and pretty much every new games :p

So these are my benchs.Its a 1 GB GDDR5 Galaxy Nvidia Geforce GT 630.

3D mark Vantage GT 630 OC Run (Core:950 MHz(Stock - 810)/Memory :1600 MHz(Stock - 1550)

GT630OC3dmarkvantagerun.jpg

3D mark Vantage GT 630 Stock Run (Core: (Stock - 810)/Memory : (Stock - 1550)

3dmarkvantagenonocrun-gt630.jpg

3D mark vantage 9400 GT(my old card) OC Run :p

3DMarkvantageMaxOC-9400GT-Performancerun.jpg

Some points worth mentioning:

My system performance improved a lot.As you can see from the above benchs you can see that my old card 9400 gt even bottlenecked my CPU, a lot.

This card has a GDDR5 memory with only 96 CUDA cores, so overclocking the memory yields absolutely no performance gain in this card.The only parameter that had any effect on OC'ing was the core speed.

I used MSI Afterburner for overclocking.

I am currently playing Battlefield 3 on HIGH Graphics setting and getting average of 26 fps (Stock) and 30 fps (when overclocked).

So, is there any way to juice out more from this card. I haven't tried going more on the memory clock since there seemed to be no change in fps while running MSI Kombustor for stability testing. There's nothing much to go on the core clock since 970 MHz is the max, I went without crashing the drivers.

Also, I am using MSI Afterburner 2.2.1 and I cant see any shader clock option in it. Why? Because earlier I had used RivaTuner while oc'ing my old 9400 GT and it had both core clock tuning option and shader clock tuning option.

Also, is there any other tweaks (in Nvidia control panel or using softwares ) that might improve my car's performance?

Hi guys, is there any way to improve gaming graphics,like I mentioned above.

Please help. Thanks.

Buy a faster card? That card is simply a GT430 rebadge from Nvidia. I cant imagine it to play any games well at all (but better than a 9400gt!)... are you on a lower resolution than 1920x1080?

Shaders are not listed in newer cards anymore as they are always 2x the core.

If you want to improve performance, lower the settings in game. ;)

I just bought this card,hoping that it would last me another 1and a half years or so. I played BF3 and got consistent 30 fps after OC'ing and 26 fps before OC'ing the GT 630. BF3 was on HIGH graphic setting. The game is running quite fine and smooth for me.

I think the card can easily handle this since my resolution is only 1280x1024@60Hz on a 19" SyncMaster Samsung.

BTW, its a re-badged GT 440 GDDR5. Isn't there anything else that I could do? (To improve my card's gaming potential)

I would be quite happy if I got somewhere around 30-35 fps without lowering the details or keeping the fps at an avg 30 and then increasing the graphics a little more than the current HIGH setting.

Thanks.

I got the information regarding which card it came from in THIS article... it could be wrong.

And yeah you are on a tiny resolution.. what could help there is overclocking your CPU... which with that motherboard, not sure if you can or how far. Does it have overclocking options in the bios?

Overclocking the CPU is not going to happen for me on this mobo. Not even software OC'ing with SETFSB.

So, I guess this card might do for the next two years.Praise the consoles due to which you can atleast play games on your two year old cards :p

Most of the ported games should run even better I suppose,like the Call of Duty :Modern Warfare 3.

Back