• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dedicated VGA power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sounds like an interesting idea at any rate, not sure if there are any drawbacks other than fitting it on the desktop somewhere, but I could probably just get a second CP-850 here and do the same if I needed it eventually, and plonk it on the desk behind the tower and run the cables in the rear. They are huge and run quiet, not sure if hooking one up independently from the main would effect things overall myself.

I guess you'd have to jump a few things, but *shrug*

:beer:

*edit* if you were going to do that though not sure I'd trust that one with you're GPU's though. I'm not familiar with that particular one myself.

Yeah I did, I wondered about that after I looked, but still not sure I'd trust it.

Of course I hadn't read any reviews on it either I guess :)

I just know that my to cards takes bout 400+watt, and thats not counting all the other stuff in my rig, then 25% OC... thinking bout taking some of the load of my PSU.. Maybe i just need to break down and get a new one.. or get rid of some of my HDD's :D

Well, is it quality? Has JonnyGuru reviewed it? Refurbished? Effiency rating?

That's the issue. I'd get a new known good one and keep the old as a spare. Or sell to s freind. Or build a smaller PC.

New PSU with 80+% green whatever rating thats worth a crop in reviews is my suggestion.

Can never build smaller... :) yea, it has some reviews somewhere... But it's akin cheaper than a new PSU. The power I need will cost Alot(4 me it's Alot) :(

Back