• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PWM deltas etc controlling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oscarbravo

Registered
Hi ive got my paws on some delta pfc1212de's their the 3.24a not 4.0amp ones.from hp servers.
found some TFC's as well which are 2.4a not higher ones ive seen.

What i needed some help on/with is a controller etc im looking to run3 or 4 fans from one knob depending if i go 360/420 or a 480?
My was of looking at it is that power will be through molex from psu and blue wire? pwm wire will go through controller so won't have to be something lots of power?
I did read on here from someone that pfc worked backwards ie when there cpu ramped up it went slower when they had to mobo's fan header? so hoping someone can talk sense etc

Do these need power to bring down or power to speed up? and ifso what volt's etc(mind you it is on full with i guess open circuit) only black and red connected atmo.

As even a so called well known pc shop in london gave me bumpf info!
Or as they say ive had all the tyre kickers round but no one knows how to drive the car!?.

Im looking for probably 3-4 channel one as looking to run two fans in the case base blowing upwards under GPU/mobo plus have two 80's in front and two in rear which are what case has from originally (Lian-Li PC70)

But thinking of getting better 80's in front for better airflow. (has ADDA's)

I have noticed that there seems to be some different specs even though same model so guess it's on revisions etc?
Or would it be that they wind down for Dell/HP etc?

Any i will bid you many thanks in advance.:welcome:

Get a PWM splitter cable from Aska. They make 3, 4 and 5 way splitters. It splits PWM signal to all the fans from the mainboard and uses a 4-pin molex to supply the power because the mainboard's pwm pins only carry 12V @ 1amp. You need to make sure all the fans are identical because it assumes that return sensing signal (which is only coming from one fan) is the same for all fans. There is no voltage adjustemnts for PWM... it adjusts fan speed with PWM :)

Multi channel PWM controller!

Hi thanks for that. i have just got a few of them already from flea bay. Gelid do them as well also do a split between to fans from one plug.
What im after is something like a bay controller which can do more than one fan/set/bank etc on pwm then let mobo cpu header run either rear fans or one that blows over board vrm/chipset etc so that gets it's RPM signal and other fans from controller.
Ive found a Zalman that does one with 3 three pin also but not what i require.
Ive just got a zalman fan mate pwm thing which is reviewed on here and making the lead/gadget to go with it.
But it's only for one fan and has to sit on something outside case really?.But looks ok
As im looking to have some fans in the base blowing upwards under GPU so cool that and mobo as my case Lian li PC70/75 as got windowed side panel now is a bit asthmatic when it comes to air flow with two 80's front and back but thinking of swapping front ones for some 80UHE delta's which is where i wanted other controlling channel for along with base.
It's my sort of pet project as case i got for £25 so not end of world if i cut holes and bits on it.
Been looking at shoehorning? a alphacool monsta 480 rad in top of it but think that would need a slight/major case mod with a rear extension made to it as rads 552mm? which is very tight.
Other way ive thought about is a panel rad on side panel R/H'd side but that would entail cutting panel up so they draw air through side of PC.

My way of thinking is with Delta's/high flow fans i can atleast turn them down/adjust plus 38's give more static pressure than 25mm's.where as with (Hurricane force) more like phut phut fans you can't turn them up if not upto the job so to speak.
(got a antec tricool quiet fan?) no wonder it's quiet ive farted more airflow! ive an 80 thats quiet that flows way more.

Ive found that page with diagrams of a circuit board etc for a controller on here so having a looksy re making if i can't get what i want as prefer a proper bay one so in line in one area etc so easy to adjust.
One thing i have thought about if it would work/fit is to use 5.25 blanking plate from case to mount them on/in it?.as could mod with a base to it so a circuit board could if need be sit on it.or contained on rear of pot.

Anyway thanks for replying.

Back