• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7850 @ 975Mhz Heaven results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EpicMango

I was looking for the Prime95 tests for GPU's and heaven is exactly that. Stressed my card to its breaking point, I only averaged 31.7FPS with everything maxed out. But that wasn't the point. I was trying to gain insight on the temps I would get with my OC'd Gigabyte 7850 which has 2 100mm fans. My Tempest Evo Case also comes with a side Intake fan which is designed to blow air right onto the GPU, and I think that my temps reflect how cold and how effective it is.

The highest under load temps I got were 52 celcius.
ilvqeg.jpg

I am going to proceed with OCing the card to its max locked voltage speed of 1050mhz and check out the temps then. After that I plan to do an unlocked OC to around 1200mhz and check out the temps then.

Temp results for the max locked voltage @ 1050/1450 (stock 975/1200) are 54c under load.

What do you guys say about the temps I am getting with my 7850? Do you think safely reaching 1200Mhz is doable? I don't and will not go higher than that as anything past that is dangerous territory from what I've read..

With my 7950 the voltage increase raised my temps 7 degrees. 67 Degrees after a 20 minute furmark test. 1.22 volts for an overclock of 1294Mhz.

I'm confused. I can hit 1200mhz without even touching my voltages..I don't think that that seems right..check it out
2yw8h78.jpg

I'm about to do a Heaven session and see if my score increases from my last OC level of 1150Mhz.

I hit 1280 core clock on my sapphire 7850 and only hit like 54-60c so I'm not surprised :p

I wish I could get alittle more voltage for my card though because I could get it up well beyond 1300mhz i'm sure >-<

you should run heaven with normal teselation and 4x aa and 4x antistroph if you want to see more normal results :)

I hit 1280 core clock on my sapphire 7850 and only hit like 54-60c so I'm not surprised :p

I wish I could get alittle more voltage for my card though because I could get it up well beyond 1300mhz i'm sure >-<

you should run heaven with normal teselation and 4x aa and 4x antistroph if you want to see more normal results :)

Hmm. Do you think my clocks at 1200 without voltage increase is normal though?

And I only have Heaven maxed out because I want to fully stress my card to 100% usage, more than it can handle, so I can get the most extreme scenario for temps!

Hmm. Do you think my clocks at 1200 without voltage increase is normal though?

And I only have Heaven maxed out because I want to fully stress my card to 100% usage, more than it can handle, so I can get the most extreme scenario for temps!

all cards are diffrent so this should be a good thing, it means you will be able to OC much higher then normal (if you're lucky)

I think I'm not doing something right because my AISC score is 74.8% which from what I've read around is not a good score..but yet I'm sustaining clocks that would normally only result with increased voltages?

--Update-- Apparently I do have one of the "shining" video cards. Apparently 1290mhz is the magic 50% OC barrier, and I ohh so want to reach that speed as I've already reached 1200 without touching voltages. Apparently I'll be paralleling 7950/GTX580's at that point. Initiating the OC now, I shall return with Heaven results as well as temps. :D

Last edited:
I think I'm not doing something right because my AISC score is 74.8% which from what I've read around is not a good score..but yet I'm sustaining clocks that would normally only result with increased voltages?

--Update-- Apparently I do have one of the "shining" video cards. Apparently 1290mhz is the magic 50% OC barrier, and I ohh so want to reach that speed as I've already reached 1200 without touching voltages. Apparently I'll be paralleling 7950/GTX580's at that point. Initiating the OC now, I shall return with Heaven results as well as temps. :D

Yeah I just got the new version of the sapphire 7850, with a better cooler on it then their previous
unfortunatly they haven't unlocked extra voltage for it yet like i was saying.
once they do I will be over 1300 core clock

Yep. So far I've reached 1230Mhz no voltage increase @ 56c. I'm going to post results once I reach the magical 1290mhz

--Edit--

So I've reached 1270mhz but I've noticed that heaven is skipping frames a lot more, and my scores are starting to show. Max score I got was 808@ 1150Mhz. Now I'm at 796 @1270. Looks like a voltage increase is imminent now.

--EDIT 2--
I increased the voltage to 1.155 and kept the same core clock and my score has risen up to 809 @ 54c I'm going to just reach 1290 and then play with voltages till I get the best FPS frames and temps.

Last edited:
I have everything maxed out. Not the default settings. I want my card to be stressed in the most extreme enviroment so I can get the absolute extreme temps I would reach so I can rest easy when I'm playing games that the temps are just fine.

Overclock your CPU I'm sure your points and overall performance will increase alot. :p

I don't think my CPU is a bottleneck. I don't go above 20% CPU usage while benching and thats with a couple programs running.

Just do not believe everything they say. They would recommend to OC a CPU in the most useless situations just because they constantly got a "my CPU is to weak" paranoia, its almost a enthusiast-sickness.

No, as long as only a single GPU is used, a 3570K is NOT bottlenecking. Generally a OC is additional stress to a system and can decrease stability. So, a OC is something which should make sense and not used only for the bling. In the matter of your GPU it will make sense because in many games it will have some better feeling for the FPS. However, i would be careful and dont overdo it, youre already at very high OC levels. I tested both, the 7850 and 7870, my recommendation would be just to clock the 7850 at 1050/1380 and the 7870 at 1150/1380. Reason for not maxing out the RAM: The difference is just way to low and the FPS scaling is starting to decrease. Avoding unnecessary stress will mean not to raise it higher than that. There is some good reason why Nvidia is not anymore using a interface larger than 256 bit because the GDDR5 is already that fast that the bottleneck is usualy located at the core and not anymore at the RAM.

Besides, stability @temperature is totaly dependable on the core, some handle high temps well and other doesnt. The quality of a core can be measured in so many different spots that it is truly hard to make a accurate measurement. Generally, cores who can handle high temps are the most valuable ones because cooling is one of the biggest issues on high end GPUs, in term they can not handle up to 80 C (stable), its not always easy to cool it down. If so, it will come at the cost of a very noisy fan which is not pleasant at all. In my test my 7870 can handle up to 90 C at 1150/1380 without any sign of issues, which is considered a very valuable GPU. Of course that was just for testing purpose and usualy i run the GPU at lower than 80 C.

In term someone says, yes the GPU handle insane clocks and what else but it will need lesser than 60 C, then either have to add a noisy fan or a waterblock (which does instantly exclude any small form factor systems), so that GPU is only valuable for huge tower systems. So you see, it is in the same term very dependable on what system it is used for. User of SFF do need a GPU able to handle high temps and waterblock users will need a GPU able to have high potency at very low temps. But there is no general answer to "what a GPU is capable of" or "what temps its able to work stable with", every core is different! By realizing that matter, the "supertuners" out there who want to achieve the most out of a particular system, will be able to get out the most.

Besides, the stress isnt at the breaking point because you still have to set the texture filtering to high quality, then the performance may drop.

Last edited:

How Could you acheive that 1280 Mhz core score ?!!!

I was intending to buy Sapphire O/ced Version 7850

Do you have the Normal sapphire 7850 version Or The O/Ced One ???

I wanna know plz cause im tired of Searching which Brand has the best o/cing potential :((((

Back