• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oc'ing of q9400 on G41

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eru3

Registered
Hey guys i know this chipset sucks to oc. But i want to ask u what settings should i do to make stable 377. Cause actually i can run my computer on but it is unstable (bsods,OCCT tests errorrs). Stable value for this is 360 - which dont make me satisfy - i cant change vcore, my settings are (power supply is fine):
360 fsb
8 multiplayer
110 pcie frequency
1.65v for ram (ddr3,xms3, 1600mhz, dual channel)
i can change VTT and NB voltage but i didnt had to on this funny fsb. How tu push ot to those 377 at least ?
Any answers are expected, thanks !

You can change Vcore w/ that board. Besides Auto the available settings are +50mV, +100mV, and +150mV. A FSB of 377MHz x 8 = 3.016GHz which is only a ~340MHz overclock, and shouldn't require an increase in Vcore. Lower the PCI-E frequency to 100MHz, adjust the DRAM frequency to DDR3-1508, the DRAM voltage to 1.65V, and the four primary DRAM timings to what the modules are rated at. Depending on how much RAM is installed, you can probably leave the rest of the settings on Auto.

sry my mistake. it is p5g41c-mlx ;d I cant change vcore. I was thinking of vmods but they wont rowrk, no any modified bioses '/

I suppose. But anyway it is a problem pf chipset- it is very abd due to integrated intel graphic (in oc ways). Usually people have maximum fsb around 340-360 Mhz. It wont post in wrong settings. I can run it at those 377 but it is unstable. Please help me to make it stable !

Still it is unstable (not passing OCCT tests). What to do now ?
Sry, this cant even post. I have to have 110 Pcie freq and 360 fsb than it post. On 100 it doesnt even run 360, 377 neither. Ram is 4GB

Last edited:
Lifesaver

Still it is unstable (not passing OCCT tests). What to do now ?
Sry, this cant even post. I have to have 110 Pcie freq and 360 fsb than it post. On 100 it doesnt even run 360, 377 neither. Ram is 4GB

You sir have just saved my skin. I noticed my system wouldn't boot unless I shoved the pcie speed to 107MHz, but with your post I managed to push the fsb to 378 on my P5G41C-M LX with Intel e6500. I put a post up on bios-mod website to see whether they'll be able to adjust the vcore manually by editing the bios rom and I'm waiting for their response.

Adjusted settings are at 375mhz fsb with 10x cpu multiplier and 111mhz pcie speed. Speed step and thermal throttling are disabled as well as the epu set to fixed four phase.

voltage is up on both the vtt and nb, I'm keeping them both up to just after they hit the yellow threat level.

hi 2 all
guys i have p5g41c-mlx I cant change vcore
i need bios mod for this mb for change vcore
plz help me

Back