• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aim and firewall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XprincoX

bargain hunter
Has anyone figured out how to get around the firewall with aim and a linksys router? I have tried port forwarding but have not figured out which port to use. TIA

would this allow me to send files? I tried setting the port forwarding to 5190 to 5190 but still could not send anything... what protocol would i use?

very strange.. i was forwarding port 4443 and i was able to direct connect and send file for a brief time. But now it seems the firewall has reappeared!?! :eh?:

I didn't have much luck getting AIm to let me send files through a firewall, put Trillian seems to be ok with it, might be worth a try. :D

Hmm... I never thought to mess with settings (Dynamic IP = no setup :D ), but what the hell.

I've got a Lynksys router too, what do I set what to do where and how? =)_)

Oni said:
I've heard Trillian and AIM don't get along well, but ICQ does (and its owned by AOL . . . go figure)

I've not had any problems using Trillian with other people on AIM.

Über~PhLuBB said:
Hmm... I never thought to mess with settings (Dynamic IP = no setup :D ), but what the hell.

I've got a Lynksys router too, what do I set what to do where and how? =)_)

What you trying to set it up to do ?

Back