• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus m5a97 wont boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tried that with 4 sticks of rams already, ive done everything, this isnt my first time trying to troubleshoot things, but i guess ill go to compusa tomorrow, buy a new processor pop it in and hope it magically fixes everything!

Hope you're ready to sell part of your soul for that over priced processor :D

Have you tried resetting th CMOS yet? With the bent pins on the CPU and having corrected that problem now the bios may be confused.

Reset the blue jumper pin in between sata port 6 and the southbridge while the computer is unplugged, leave it in the clear cmos position for at least5-10 seconds then move it back to it's original position.

Reset the blue jumper pin in between sata port 6 and the southbridge while the computer is unplugged, leave it in the clear cmos position for at least5-10 seconds then move it back to it's original position.

theres nothin between there, but i just bought a phenom x6 1045t, lets see if this will fix it

the board have always been working tho, until i made the switch and maybe something happend in the process. oh well then, lemme go get a new board from compusa real quick and hopefully this nightmare ends

3 bent pins? you did place the CPU the right way round, there is only 1 way it will fit, the gold arrow on the CPU points to the arrow on the socket. it should just drop in, no pressure is needed to seat it, just enough to hold it flush with the socket as your locking it.

3 bent pins? you did place the CPU the right way round, there is only 1 way it will fit, the gold arrow on the CPU points to the arrow on the socket. it should just drop in, no pressure is needed to seat it, just enough to hold it flush with the socket as your locking it.

yes i know

Good luck, Let us know if it fixes the problem!

well it turns out that the mobo is good, the bent pins fx is also good after i fixed it, and when i tried to boot with the 1 ram stick only, i happend to only use the bad one out of the two cause it seems 1 of the ram sticks is bad and this time i tried the good stick out of luck and booted like a champ with the 680! the new processor and mobo is gettin returned with a 15% restocking fee to learn my lesson:shrug:

Live and learn, man! Got to eliminate all the possibilities when troubleshooting.

i thought ive eliminated everything, and even tried booting with 1 stick of ram, just happens i used the bad one and didnt bother using the other one by itself! haha always these silly problems

Yeah, you know malfunctions sometimes don't happen one at a time and then troubleshooting is more complex. It's like working on an old car and you can't figure out why it quit running all of a sudden. You check for fuel line pressure and find the fuel pump quit. You assume replacing it will fix the problem but it doesn't. What you didn't realize was that the ignition coil fried at about the same time. But you didn't check for spark. I had a 1970 Pontiac years ago that three things quit all at once on it.

Back