• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

h100 3930k thermal compound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

agulerer

In some forums people says silver based tims are bad for h100 and non silver tims will lower 6-10 C temps on h100. What do you think? And what do yoı think to use akasa 455 or cooler master high performance with h100. I have very high values with h100 and 3930k.

Here is no mx2 or mx4. So what do you think will non silver tim wilk help or not?

I know Arctic Silver 5 was a solid product and still is. I dont not know how the products youl isted perform. that said, the vast majority of TIM on the market is within a couple of C with each other.

Silver based TIMs? Odd. It's TIM. The good stuff doesn't matter what it has in it. Silver or Great Dane piles. A good paste is a good paste. Don't worry about the 'internets' oddities.

There has been good tests on TIM at many places. Here, Skinneelabs.com, xtreme forums, other places. Don't go on peoples opinions unless it was a profesional scientific test.

Good pastes have 2-3C difference at most. Buy a good paste and be done with it.

And your CPU is a hot one, with big overclocks everyone has temp issues. The H100 is decent but not magic. have you tried 4 new high RPM quality fans on the H100 yet? That might help.

People with h100 havr 15C less witj the same voltage. So there is problem somewhere

Perhaps.. but you dont know their ambient temperature vs yours. Their case airflow vs yours. Also, just because a processor has the same voltage and clockspeed, doesnt mean it will run the same temperature (due to something called leakage).

To understand well you are saying these temps are right and there is no problem on h100?

You have not listed the actual load temperature of your CPU, nor your ambient temperature, so I have no idea.

100 X 43 = 4.3 GHZ
CPU VCORE = 1.28 V
DRAM= 1.5 V
CPU VCCSA = 1.25 V
CPU PLL = 1.80 V
VTT CPU= 1.15 V
PCH 1.1 VOLTAGE = 1.10
PCH 1.5 VOLTAGE = 1.50

ROOM TEMP: 28 C

TEMPS: MAX 82 C on FULL LOAD PRIME 95.

People are right about thermal compound. Now I am using Cooler Master High Performance which is not Silver Based and now I am getting 75 C Max on Prime 95 full load with 1.28 VCore. And now ambient is 33C in here and the one of the hottest day.

Heh.. could have been so many things as silver paste works fine. Your evidence is anecdotal at best due to the variables involved.

Agreed, a better mount etc. I'll chalk the silver TIM rumor to a 'internets' rumor. There are so many dedicated 'experts' with thousands of dollars in equipment testing these pastes, and then using an H100?

Last edited:
The H100's base plate are made from werewolf teeth (for those that dont know werewolf teeth are indeed copper, though coated with enamel which is removed in processing). When Silver paste is applied the werewolf H100 copper repulses the silver to create an air pocket between the paste and copper, thereby increasing the temps 10C.

Yep, even though it didnt make sense at first, since I read it on a forum I knew it had to be true :D, I read about it here.

Back