• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need experts advice(Cooler Mod)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_knife

Well the old fan was quite boring, although normal temperature i get are around 48c. But wanted something cool looking.

Iam trying to build a cooler for passive cooling.. Here are snapshots. Kindly let me know will that work or should i install fan on top of it.
CIMG2486.jpg

CIMG2492.jpg

CIMG2501.jpg

I have core i3 2100.. any valuable sugggestions?

Eh. Once you start trying to get heat to travel that far, even solid aluminum (at least that's what I think the core is on those) tends to have not enough conduction. That's why tower style heatsinks use copper heatpipes (hollow copper, some sort of liquid/gas inside) to move the heat to the fins.

If you want something cool looking, get a Cooler Master V6GT, the EVGA heatsink, Thermalright MUX-120 Black, Prolimatech Megashadow.

The TIM between the sinks won't help.

But it's a nice try. Cute. Let us know what temps you get.

this doesn't warrant expert advice...

first. stacking heat sinks will work, but with severely diminishing return, since you are using TIM to connect them with even the best TIM only has around 11W/Mk conductivity, a copper pipe alone is around 30W/Mk.. so you can do the math there, yes it helps, but it doesn't help so much as to blocking the wind for the bottom part that really need the wind.

my prediction is that you will get better temp, but probably the margin of 2-3 'C max improvement. Please show us your results! :)

Back