• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Button Broken on Dell U3011

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bertiek

Hi all,

The plastic face of my on/off button has snapped off my Dell U3011 monitor. Anyone got any ideas how I might be able to switch it on.

Here it is:
button.jpg

Thanks.

Are there any electronics, circuit traces in the button, or is it just a plastic tab? I have the same monitor and if its just a plastic tab you could probably just just a pencil eraser to push the plastic. i think its just a small microswitch behind that plastic, and a led in the center to show on or off.

I would look at the back of the button that came off and see where any plastic tabs stick out, that more than likely corresponds to where you would push

I'd love to know as well. I dropped the monitor while trying to mount it to the wall and the button broke off.

It still works but I'm not able to turn it off. :)

Hey guys, I too am in the same boat here and cannot turn off my monitor. Has anyone had any luck fixing this? Please share your experience!!!

Thank you ^_^

I have this problem myself and I found this thread while looking for an answer. I didn't find an answer online but I figured it out... kind of.

As far as actually fixing the button, I don't know how to do that.

But if you want to use your monitor in the meantime... you can use a small object to push the yellow switch I circled in the pic below. I would use something soft, like a plastic pry tool (aka a "spudger"). I'm not sure how delicate the little yellow switch is. You'll hear/feel a click when you press it. Voila... power!

u3011-button.png

Back