Results 1 to 2 of 2
07-19-12, 08:11 AM #1
New hard drive and SSD return rates.
The folks over at behardware.com have access to the return database for a large french etailer. I would assume this is the same etailer as the number I previously posted about came from.
The returns rates given here concern the products sold between April 1st and October 1st 2011 for returns made before April 2012, namely after between 6 months and a year of use.
The numbers are also compared to the previous article they did in October 2011.
So, the numbers. Return rates for hard drive manufacturers:
- Samsung 1.23% (as against 1.5%)
- Western 1.63% (as against 2.0%)
- Seagate 1.89% (as against 1.8%)
- Hitachi 3.95% (as against 3.0%)
The worst performing models:
- 9.70% Seagate Barracuda XT 3 TB
- 8.94% Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 1.5 TB
- 7.53% Seagate Barracuda XT 2 TB
- 7.30% Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2 TB
- 5.78% Western Digital RE4-GP 2 TB
- 5.33% Western Digital Caviar Green 3 TB
Now for the good stuff, SSD failure rates:
- Crucial 0.82% (as against 0.8%)
- Intel 1.73% (as against 0.1%)
- Corsair 2.93% (as against 2.9%)
- OCZ 7.03% (as against 4.2%)
The worst performing SSD models:
- 15.58% OCZ Vertex 2 Series SSD 240 GB
- 13.28% OCZ Vertex 2 Series SSD 160 GB
- 11.76% OCZ Vertex 2 Series SSD 80 GB
- 9.52% OCZ Vertex 2 Series SSD 120 GB
- 8.57% OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120 GB
- 7.49% OCZ Vertex 2 Series SSD 60 GB
- 6.61% OCZ Vertex 2 Series 3.5" SSD 120 GB
- 6.37% OCZ Vertex 3 Series 240 GB
- 6.37% OCZ Agility 3 60 GB
- 5.89% OCZ Vertex 2 Series SSD 100 GB
Go read the entire thing. There are a lot more numbers there, for a lot more hardware than just storage.
Last edited by Mr Alpha; 07-19-12 at 11:21 AM.
07-19-12, 08:27 AM #2
Excellent information Mr. A!
Im wondering is the OCZ drives, post FW fix, failure rates will drop. I recall the FW fix coming out early this year... after these datasets were taken
Crucial FTW.Should I R0 my SSD? / Sandy/Ivybridge Overclocking Guide / Haswell Overclocking Guide / AMD Overclocking Guide / Power Supply Guide
SSD Reliability/Write Endurance / JOIN THE BENCHING TEAM! / Bulldozer Overclocking Guide
Want to see your writing featured on the overclockers.com Front Page? PM me, I can help!
"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon