• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 800D Case fan help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Staticshock

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my case fans with quiter ones, but I don't want to affect my airflow. My specs are listed below.

Crosshair IV Mobo
Radeon 6970 HD GPU
Corsair 800D Case
Corsair H80 CPU Cooler

I currently have these 2 fans installed:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835130019
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835130022

What fans do you recommend? Again, I want quieter fans but with same or better airflow.

I also want to change the fans on my H80 CPU cooler, but I don't know what I should use... something about restricted vs unrestricted?

Since, I am asking about my airflow: due to my motherboard, my mounted GPU essentially juts out right in the middle of my case, with its fan pointing down. This has got to me messing with my airflow. How do you recommend I fix this?

Thanks for all your input in advance.

I ran Yate Loon High on my 800D. They gave more than stock not sure about the difference between that and those highlighter green fans you linked to...

EVERYONE's GPU sticks out in the middle of the case with the fan pointing down. It is what it is.

Well that answesrs the question about the GPU...I suppose there's nothing I can do about it. Can anyone else offer assistance with the other 2 matters?

Yep. You can buy better fans, but the ones with the case aren't bad.

You want quiet fans with good pressure that are considered the best fans right now?

Gentle Typoon AP-15 1850 RPMs. Great noise prifile, push good air, and pressure ratings. Pricy. You'll pay. And great watercooling fans too for radiators. Fill every slot availible with one of these, buy a good 3 pin fan controller with 30 watts per channel, your set.

Hint: Lamptron for a nice looking one.

Yep. You can buy better fans, but the ones with the case aren't bad.

You want quiet fans with good pressure that are considered the best fans right now?

Gentle Typoon AP-15 1850 RPMs. Great noise prifile, push good air, and pressure ratings. Pricy. You'll pay. And great watercooling fans too for radiators. Fill every slot availible with one of these, buy a good 3 pin fan controller with 30 watts per channel, your set.

Hint: Lamptron for a nice looking one.

Conumdrum, thanks for the recomendation on those AP-15's, seems like the best on the market. But those are only 120 mm, I have (2) 140mm spots. What do you recommend for those?

Back