• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung Galaxy S3 802.11n 5GHz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got one today and it does indeed. You toggle the 2.4 and 5GHz radios off and on independently as well.

Got one today and it does indeed. You toggle the 2.4 and 5GHz radios off and on independently as well.

I got one too and I found the options for the frequency and the phone sees my access point broadcasting in all modes but will only connect to 802.11b or g @ 2.4ghz. It will not connect to 802.11n in 2.4 or 5ghz.

I have connected to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Currently showing 135mbps connected to 5GHz access point.
When I connect to a 2.4GHz access point it displays 65mbps.

I left my phone set to auto for the bandwidth so that it would be able to connect to other Wifi networks and left the AP set to auto channel scan. Did you manually set the phone to 5GHz and set a channel on the 5GHz band on the AP? I'm using a D-Link DAP-1522 for the access point.

I've tried just about every combination of settings on the AP and phone and it just will not connect to 802.11n on 2.4 or 5GHz at all but can still see it. I've tried manually forcing channels on the AP and even band width as well as forcing 5GHz only on the phone. No luck... not sure how you got yours to work so easily.... might be something wrong with my AP

I'm connecting to a D-link DAP-2553 on the 2.4GHz band. The 5GHz AP is an Asus RT-N66U.

Attachments

• dlink.PNG
    dlink.PNG
    23.5 KB · Views: 15,161
ya, 802.11g 2.4GHz is no problem.... connects right away. Its the 802.11n that will not work

I am connecting to the Dlink AP shown above at 65mbps - not breakneck speeds but greater than 802.11g at least

802.11n only works on open or wpa2 aes encrypted networks.
So if WEP or WPA TKIP is used only G speeds are offered from the AP.
This is 802.11n standard thing.

Back