• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop Cooling Pads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flameethrower

Today i did first windows update since buying laptop week ago.

Normally idles around 40 and when in use 45-51c. Well during Updates it hit 65c and never dropped below 60c untill all updates were done, i rebooted and let it sit for few mins.

I have a fan blowing across laptop to keep heat building up but dont seem to do the job.

I was looking at this cooler, but not sure if its wort hthe money or not.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834998686

Heres the setup, laptop remains closed at all times, on small table under desk. Raised off table 1.5".

396112_575827780195_1646146616_n.jpg

If that has an Intel processor, those temperatures sound fine. I don't think that (expensive!) pad is going to help any.

Laptops are meant to be portable and quiet. Neither of those are good for temperatures.

Intel chips on laptops will run a bit hotter especially since there is almost no cooling the way you have it...if you want a fan, here is a good one that we had good luck with keeping i7's cool under full loads....Targus Chill Mat

There is plenty of air moving under the desk from the Fan you see on left side of Desk blowing across it.

Either way i moved it to a shelf on the desk and temps dropped about 3-5c under load and hovers around 43-49 with normal use.

Ill eventually get a cooling pad, next time on shopping online.

If you have air moving around the laptop, what good is a laptop cooler? :confused:

Cause I dont want a fan like there is blowing as its bulky, as well as wanting the cooling pad for when i travel.

Back