• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on case cooling...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chirkk

Registered
I'm setting up a new rig and am waiting on my final 2 fans and my cpu. I have an antec 300 (old one) and am trying to find the best cooling config. I have a top 140mm fan blowing OUT (max 2000 rpm), 120mm blowing OUT in the back (max 1200 rpm), 120mm fan blowing IN on the side (max 2000 rpm) and am getting 2 coolermaster R4 blue LED fans to go in the front 2 slots to blow air IN(max 2000 RPM). I am thinking the side fan should be an out take because of dust, but am unsure of which is best.

I have all my fans connecting to an NCXT Sentry 2 fan controller and the loud fans run at 40% and the quiets at 60-100% (the rosewill fan on the side is loud as heck) so I can control my fans without having them all being loud.

Which would be the best way to set up fans in my Antec 300? Thanks!

All you need is just 1 or 2 exhausts. I have my current setup with 2 120mm intake and 1 120mm exhaust in a cm690, and it works just fine

I know thats all I "need" but my house is very warm (28-30c) and need good cooling.

Remember that your PSU will act as an exhaust fan as will your graphics card (if it exhausts out the back of the case and not into the case). Personally, I'm running 2 120mm intakes (side and front) and 2 exhausts (back and PSU) and I get good temperatures. Low 30s idle, low-mid 60s load on my CPU.

One misconception a lot of people (myself included) have is that more fans = better cooling. That isn't necessarily the case. 1 or 2 intakes and 1 or 2 exhaust fans is usually sufficient unless you have a multi GPU setup.

One misconception a lot of people (myself included) have is that more fans = better cooling. That isn't necessarily the case. 1 or 2 intakes and 1 or 2 exhaust fans is usually sufficient unless you have a multi GPU setup.

I completely agree

Back