• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX owner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that seems high. i put my other chip in and i get straight 8gb. plus one pin broke off the cpu. and if i put memory into the other 2 slots it wont boot up.

First I'd like to know if your memory are matched pairs or did you have 4gig the buy 4gig more? Same timings and volts and vendors? Which chip did you break?
Also it might be a good idea to start your own thread. You would get more help that way. Also attach a signature with your system specs. Then post some captures of CPUz memory and spd tabs.

that seems high. = Capital letters begin a sentence. What seems high?

i put my other chip in and i get straight 8gb. = You get 8 gig straight up where? Why not show the where so we can quit guessing what you mean?

plus one pin broke off the cpu.= Pin broken off of "which" cpu. The way you write, most of us have no idea what your problem is nor how to you might fix a problem.

and if i put memory into the other 2 slots it wont boot up. = Memory is other two slots and the computer will not boot up. But which cpu is in the socket when this happens.

This type of writing leaves a lot to be desired when trying to help one find a problem.
RGone...

Sorry, the fx8150 cpu pin has broke off. i have 4 mem slots and only 2 out of the four work. I put in my old amd x4 630 psu and have no problems. So because of the broken pin on the fx8150 i do believe that is the problem and because the pin broke i lost my money on it. And in system menu i get 8gig of memory and nothing after it no reserve. Matched memory.

That sucks about the CPU. You never know you might get lucky with an RMA.

got another problem with this board. When system goes into windows it takes a while before my internet connects? My front panel usb 3.0 ports don't charge my phone, i only see it start to charge when system goes from bios screen to beginning og logging into widows then does nothing?

Proud owner of sabertooth R2.0..Overclocking my FX-6300 was super smooth and fun with this board.
One gripe though is the same issue andjayik has with slow start up. Seems like it takes a while to connect to the internet, but I cant really do anything until its fully loaded. Iv seen a fix for this issue somewhere but cant find it now, any ideas?

I've never run into that issue really. I am using an older BIOS v, 803. It's a great board though. I couldn't be happier. I've tweaked it to no end, tried a few different BIOS versions and pounded the crap out of it. It just keeps purring along though.

I owned an original Sabertooth 990FX for a while and I have a Sabertooth R2.0 now. Both boards were very capable. The R2.0 is a really solid board but so many of the PH-II features are gone that unless your definitely OC an FX chip its not worth the extra money spend IMO.

I am very happy with my R2.0 though, and when I upgrade my PC next ill probably keep it and upgrade my nas to a full blown stand alone media server.

I think its a great board, and I did about 2 weeks research, mostly here to decide which board to get, no matter what I came up with it all came back to the Sabertooth 990fx r2. Once I wrap my mind around the BIOS then I will be off and running. But it seems like a great board so far.

Back