• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the BFG NVIDIA GTX 260 Max core 55 still good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hey guys, I am wondering if the GTX 260 Max core 55 is still got to have with my current setup or should I be looking into upgrading my video card here soon?

Welcome to the forums. :welcome:

260s are pretty darn old, to be honest. Something like a GTX560TI would be an insane upgrade, it'll handle most games at medium to high settings at 1080p. This of course all depends on what games you play..

Welcome to the forums. :welcome:

260s are pretty darn old, to be honest. Something like a GTX560TI would be an insane upgrade, it'll handle most games at medium to high settings at 1080p. This of course all depends on what games you play..

Thank You! Ic, even have 896MB 448-bit is still slower than a 256bit newer version or is it all depend on the DDR3 vs DDR5?

Memory bandwidth aside, the core architecture has improved so much that I wouldn't concern myself with it unless that particular 260 model was crazy good at folding or something. Your 260 has GDDR3. I've read that GDDR5 + 256bus = GDDR3 + 512bus, so don't worry about it. Also you have more than enough PCIe bandwidth for newer cards.

Ic np thanks, I guess I can start looking at an ATI 7000 series card or something around those lines then.

I been so far maxing all settings out on it on most games nothing major like battlefield 3 kind of a game but seems to work for now until I can grab a better user or new gpu. Someday I will have access to the market and can start trading. =)

Ok Update:
Getting tomorrow a ASUS GeForce GTX 570 2DI version. Lets see if my power supply can handle it.

Back