• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help~!! How To Oc P41.6a+asus P4t-e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BSK21

Registered
HOW TO OC P41.6A+ASUS P4T-E

i've tried to adjust the votage for CPU but it seems to stop while checking the memory in BIOS when bootup

do i need to adjust the votage for RAMBUS as well!?

thanx

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

First, what are you currently running at, with what kind of cooling? Also, what are your load temps? I'd say if you're at least posting, that is a good sign, try adding some more voltage to the CPU if you have good cooling. Generally you don't have to increase VIO (voltage to the AGP, RAM, various other components) unless they are holding you back and I don't think that would be the case. Again, could you provide us with some more information?

System Info

Oooops..totally forgotten :p

Currently running at 1.6MHz without adding votage + Fan provided by Intel's CPU
Kingston RAMBUS x2 = 256MB
Leadtek GF4 MX
WD 60GB HD
ASUS 16X DVD

that's it

thanx

buddie, hate to tell you this, but you will only be able to get that sucker to 2128, thats 133x16. with that board, the highest you can go with the fsb is 133, i would get a new mobo, preferbably an abit, th7II, to salvage your rambus. you will get the best overclocks with that board.:D

When I was first trying to oc my 2.0 Wilma it would freeze in post. After I added a couple of more fans it will post up to 2.2. I would consider a different hsf. A sunflower or swiftech. I hope this helps.:D

Back