• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech G35 Equalizer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't need a good sound card, but it helps. ASUS Xonar STX, ASUS Phoebus, Creative Titanium.

You can always get headphones and a separate mic. Might save you a bit.

What do you guys think about sennheiser pc 350? I went to a shop where I bought G35's and asked if I can replace them with some other headsets. They said if everything with the headsets is fine then yes. And I think about getting sennheiser 350's but first I wanted to check with you guys...

i just read a few reviews online and they seem like a good pair, never tried them personally though. if they are anything like the rest of the sennheizers they should be great

They'd be better than any Logitech or Razer headset. But I still suggest a set of normal headphones plus a clip on Mic... Or something along those lines.

They'd be better than any Logitech or Razer headset. But I still suggest a set of normal headphones plus a clip on Mic... Or something along those lines.

Which headphones would you suggest for gaming ( hearing footsteps )? But please anything below 150 euros.

I'm going tomorrow to swap my G35's for another ones. And I'm still thinking of those PC350's... Just wanted to check here with you guys what do you think? And also what sound card would go nicely with PC350's? And Mjolnir I'll be waiting for your response. :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! :)

I'm going tomorrow to swap my G35's for another ones. And I'm still thinking of those PC350's... Just wanted to check here with you guys what do you think? And also what sound card would go nicely with PC350's? And Mjolnir I'll be waiting for your response. :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! :)

Arent the pc350s a bit out of your price range? That said...

This could be a good combo if you can find it in stock... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Xonar-...1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1344432609&sr=1-1-catcorr

And about the cost of PC350's they cost 130 euros here in Austria... So they aren't out of my price range. :/ The only thing is that they would have to order it first and then I'll have to wait for about two weeks or so. But they have Sennheiser PC333d for 104 euros. Any advice?

Edit: I'm going tomorrow to buy headphones or headsets, whatever. The only thing I'm not sure of is which headphones-headsets should I get. I'm strongly considering PC350's or PC333d's.

Last edited:
PC350s for sure. Sound card. Well probably will cost more than the headphones lol. Asus xonar ST or STX. Or for a low end alternative which comes with headphone amp, the Asus Xonar DG. Though remembering this and the ST are PCI cards.

Then I've decided that tomorrow I will order PC350's. And about those PCI and PCI-e, I don't really understand how do you determine if your GPU has a PCI or PCI-e? I know it's off topic but I had to ask... Thank you for suggesting Asus Xonar DG, I'll probably be taking that sound card as well. :salute:

Thanks to everyone who replied and especially Mjolnir. :)

And about those PCI and PCI-e, I don't really understand how do you determine if your GPU has a PCI or PCI-e?

As mentionned by Knufire, you can see if it's PCI or PCI-E by looking at the shape and size. But I wanted to add that the sound card is connected to the motherboard in a separate slot than the GPU, not to the GPU. Fewer motherboards have PCI slots now so if you know your model (you can usually find it in BIOS or using some softwares) we can see if you can actually use a PCI card or not.

My motherboard : "Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68A-D3-B3" Chipset Model Sandy Bridge

My motherboard : "Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68A-D3-B3" Chipset Model Sandy Bridge

OK so you have 2 PCI slots (the large white ones at the bottom) and three PCI-E x1 (the small white ones in the middle, sound cards are only PCI-E 1x, no need to waste a 16X slot on it).

You should be fine with either type of sound cards

OK so you have 2 PCI slots (the large white ones at the bottom) and three PCI-E x1 (the small white ones in the middle, sound cards are only PCI-E 1x, no need to waste a 16X slot on it).

You should be fine with either type of sound cards

Thank you very much for your information! :)

Well, after doing some research on the web, I also saw that Saturn (shop in Austria) sells Sennheiser HD 558 for around 140 euros. Now I'm in a debate, 350's or HD 558's? For gaming... And I have an on board sound card... Please Audiophiles give me some advice I'm totally clueless about this! Or should I keep my G35's or my Razer Carcharias with a sound card? :///

Bumb (I'm sorry I'm doing this but I'm really desperate)..
Tomorrow I'm really going to swap my G35's and buy another ones...
Now, I have an on board sound card (I know it sucks).

I also have Razer Carcharias but they have terrible sound quality (at least for my taste).

Now I'm thinking about PC350's and PC360's. Now it's 2:24 AM here in Austria and I can't go to sleep because of this...

Which headphones/headsets should I get? :(

Back