• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech G35 Equalizer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Iustitia

Registered
Good day people, I've came here looking for help. I've bought G35 Logitech gaming headset, because I'm a hardcore gamer (CoD4 promod), and I need to hear footsteps clear as possible. Now, I gotta admit, G35 let me down a little bit. But there is logitech gaming software with Equalizer on it for G35's , and I was wondering, if anyone knows the perfect preset or a setting for them for CoD4 or gaming... Thank you in advance!

your best bet is going to just be to play with it, ive never had to adjust anything with a good soundcard you shouldnt have to, though that would be a usb audio card right?

p.s. i played on the hc snd twl matches we were ranked 3rd on twl for a while :D fave game ever

Thank you for your reply, but without modification on the equalizer the sound had too much bass. The sound wasn't clear at all... And yeah the headset has usb and its own audio card built in. I was just wondering if there is something to improve it's sound. Because it's not good enough now... :/

How long have you had it? Maybe return it and get a nice pair of headphones...anything marketed as a gaming headset is probably only going to have average sound.

EQ wise, everyone hears a bit differently, it's just a matter of tuning it to your tastes.

:( But can I just return it like that? :/ And they will give me my money back? But I used it and all...

How long have you had it? Maybe return it and get a nice pair of headphones...anything marketed as a gaming headset is probably only going to have average sound.

EQ wise, everyone hears a bit differently, it's just a matter of tuning it to your tastes.

+1

I never recommend headsets in general. A decent pair of proper headphones will always be superior sound wise.

I'm really getting mad over these headsets... I expect too much, I have Razer Carcharias for 80 euros a year ago, and I think that they are better then these G35's... Maybe I'm mad or something I don't know, but please, if there is anyone who knows anything about equalizer modification and preamp stuff, please write it down in the comments and if you want to help we can go via team viewer if you want to do it by yourself.

a great pair of cans for cod4 are gonna be sennheizers i have an old old pair of hd201's, i know they arent the best pair they make but they are only 40 bucks ima cheapo lol, i could only imagine how well a more expensive pair of their headphones sound like. they have a little bass but not a ton like some others i have heard.

You can have the greatest cans in the world, but if the sound going to them sucks, then no equalizer is going to help you. Sorry if I missed it, but what sound card are you using?

Ed, apparently the Logitech software has an equalizer to mess around with. But I don't think an EQ change will help with the sound quality from that headset...

Right... I did read that...same concept applies though guys. USB headphones have their own (terrible) 'sound card' to produce the sound as I dont think it uses the onboard. Again, you can only polish the turd with an EQ. If you require this for competition gaming, seems like the OP needs to step up and get a good set of cans and a good sound card to go with it.

A cheap combo that's apparently decent is the Corsair 1300 analogue headset plus the Asus Xonar DG. I've used a high end Xonar St before so I can say Asus sound cards are great. Not sure about those headsets. Tbh audio Technica AD700s would be a better option. Or m50s. Where the ad700 is open back and the m50s are closed, depends if you're a lanner or just home gamer.

the creative fatality card + the headphones that come with it are sound pretty darn good, my cousins that were on my twl team used those and they sound better than my creative audigy :rofl: but th audigy still sounds alot better than onboard just about anything does cept maybe those cheap usb adapters

Thank you all for your replies, and as it looks like I'm screwed... I saw Phantasy using it at LAN CoD4 (G35's) and thought they were any good. But... They are absolute ****, at least for me. I have donwloaded from Logitech site new driver Logitech Gaming Software and has a lot more options for Equalizer and I messed around with it for a while but it's still ****...

I'm thinking of buying another headsets.... These G35 are complete ****. I'm depressed and mad at the same time for wasting my money. Now, if you guys know some headsets or headphones till 150 euros please let me know.

Damn, I did earlier but only to check my sound with that Video hes got on the site. Didnt look for the headphones... Im thinking of buying PC360 or 350's... But the problem is I dont have a good sound card, so if you knew what good sound card (below 60 euros) will be a good choice for these headphones? Thank you so much

Back