• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling noob! Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DieselDawg9

Registered
I'm considering spending more to get water cooling but I know NOTHING about it. Mostly the fittings. So i've devised a list of things to get, excluding a pump, reservoir, and fittings.

Bitspower Summit EF CPU Liquid Cooling Block LGA1155

Feser One UV orange coolant 1000mL

Heatkiller GPU-X GTX 570 V2 LT block

Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Radiator (3x120mm)

So lets start with questions.

What fittings would I use? What tubing size would I need? Where does everyone buy their watercooling products? I'm looking at frozencpu.com but am not seeing a lot of reviews (smaller company?)

What is the best reservoir? a dual bay (5.25 in) one, an external one, or a hidden small one?

Is coolant the best thing or should I get jut coloured tubing and distilled water?

Thank you and sorry for so many questions!

Lol...it's cool...
How much money are you wanting to spend?
My advice would be to get a starter kit from frozen CPU,there not a small company,..
The starter kits price start at around 129.99 and up...Rasa 750 ,240 is 129.99..
What case do you have?....full,mid?

eh, I can max out at 450$. My case i'm getting for this is the 800D, so full tower.

I'm not really into the kits as I wolud really like to have a great project I can work on for a while

Ok....with 450$ you should be able to get a decent cooling set up...
I'm still kinda new to water cooling my self,I spent my upgrade money on CPU,gpu,ram..
So all I could get was the starter kit..lol
What gpu do you have ?....are you in sli?
Are you going to cool your gpu's ?

Nice!....I ordered two 670s and I can't wait to get them....
Make sure what ever block you get will fit your card...common sense I know,but you'd surprised.Like I said I'm still new to water-cooling,but what I can tell you is,water-cooling is like an art form mixed with precision,it's a whole new thing.Just make sure that you do your research.No one can really tell you what goes where,cause putting a set up together is about what YOU like.......like I said I'm new,but I've learned that much...check and recheck your list , make sure they'll go together and have fun putting it together...hope I helped some.....

Lololol.....were on the same page bro,fittings confuse me also.....but the configurator helped me.....did you use it?...if so, then it should have told you what fittings you need with that block.....

is the configurator the thing at the bottom of the page that tells me if I want to buy fittings and what not when I go to add it to the cart or something else?

Of course I am lol, I think i'm stating to understand the fittings a lot more now, i.e. if I have 3/8 ID and 1/2 OD I get either 3/8 barb or 3/8x1/2 compression

Ok so after like an hour of researching I will be buying

PrimoChill UV Red 3/8 ID 1/2 OD tubing (6 ft.)

EK GeForce 670 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block with 3/8 x 1/2 compression fittings

Bitspower Summit EF CPU Liquid Cooling Block with 3/8 x 1/2 compression fittings

Swiftech MCR320 Drive Triple 120mm Radiator / Reservoir / Pump Combo with 3/8 x 1/2 compression fittings

I think i got everything, total cost is 455$ so I guess I can buy a burger with that.

Last edited:
There ya go..lol..
As far as the tubing goes,if you want the neon look,get the uv tubbing,what ever color you want,that's the best way IMO,and get distilled water!....and get a silver kill coil to keep the water clean......Oh,and get a cold cathode light,clear,or the neon won't show with out the light...

Umm....ok, you need at least a 240 ,I believe , to run your CPU and your gpu..
One 120mm rad will only cool your CPU or gpu...not both.......
One hour of research?.....wow lol i took like 3 days before I made my choice.....lolol

Last edited:
Ok,then the rad your lookn at is a 360 and not a 120 .....Did you understand about the tubbing?
And no you only need one 360rad to cool you gpu and CPU.....

Yup I understand the tubing. I'm getting UV red but will hold off on the uv cathodes for a while because I need to rack up more cash as my entire system is gonna run me 2000$

Oh ya......I know how expensive it gets,can you confirm that the rad you were lookn at was indeed a 360?......and just use distilled water as your liquid.....don't forget the silver kill coil...like 7$ I think

Back