• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua NH-L12 for FX-4100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyerker

Any thoughts on this cooler?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608025

I'm looking for something that will install easily on AM3+, allow for 4 sticks of RAM, and decent cooling with low noise. I'll keep voltages in the 1.3V range, looking for 4.4 GHz+. Not looking for extreme cooling. I had a Hyper 212+, and it was a pain to install like no other heatsink I've used. Sold it, and looking for something better than stock.

I've got 3 other Noctua fans sitting around I'll use as case fans if I get this heatsink, for uniformity's sake.

I'm also intending on buying Prolimatech PK1 to use with it, since the reviews put it as great performance combined with a good price point, too.

Not a bad cooler (can't go wrong with Noctua), but temps may be a little high, even with the mild overclock though, simply because of the Noctua's small size.

I think access to the motherboard (particularly clearance for 4 sticks of RAM and easy access around the socket) is top priority. So, it's either something small like this or go water.

Pretty much this or a Corsair All-in-One Water Cooler.

Back