• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HR-02 Macho

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leet

Hi guys,

I'm thinking in buy a new CPU cooler, and i'm really undecided about what i should buy.

I have a intel core i5 3570k and i wanna OC it around 4.2GHz for now, maybe more later.

I don't want my temps to reach 65ºC or higher. Many people saying that HR-02 is really good.

The problem is that i'm not sure if HR-02 Macho will fit in my computer.

My system info is:

Intel core i5 3570k
Asus gtx560ti DCII top
Asrock z77 Extreme4
XFX pro 650W
2x4Gb Gskill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600Mhz CL9

AND... my case is Aerocool X-Warrior Devil Red edition.

Anyone can help me please to find out if this CPU cooler will fit in my current case and system please?

You could try to grab a smaller footprint cooler, the hr-02 macho and true spirit 140 are awesome but quite large coolers (specially tall)
Your case has a maximum cooler height of 160-170mm apparently, so the hr-02 macho would fit really tight but fit, not sure about the True Spirit though (but it does outperform it while being similarly priced.

Also, don't set temperature goals like that, it's not that easy, and depends on a bunch of factors.

EDIT: After checking out some 3570k temps it seems if you can hit 4.5ghz @ 1.3 or less you should be hitting 70c-80c or something while stressing the cpu with Prime95 blend, in a 25c ambient, with a similar cooler. Your results may vary of course, but take into account that these chips can withstand higher amounts of "heat", cause they don't really emit that much heat, it's just harder to dissipate it cause of the bad heat interface between the die and the ihs and the tighter packed transistors of the new 22nm process.

Back