• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screen tearing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Horrerblade

Hey guys when i am visiting his forum or any forum in general i experience screen tears. This only happens when i am on forums never happens in vid games or movies? so what am i supposed to do is my gpu going bad? i have a MSI TF 7950 that i got as an Open box deal

Just in case, are the movies 1080p/bluray? I only ask because with both my 5850 and a 5770 I let a friend borrow, similar things happen with just basic web browsing with dual monitors, which I see you have. I remember reading somewhere it has to do with the card switching between low power states. Hi def movies and games basically lock the card into higher power modes, which is why there isn't any screen tearing. I learned to keep a youtube video open in a FF tab, since the player seems to also lock the power mode.

Hope this helps.

Back