• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Radeon Price drops

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol mothers! made me giggle :D ! then it is not the time to upgrade! save your money and buckle up as what have Earthdog said... lets keep our pants on until the product we want or the money we have is available, as in your case, the piledriver..

Aye. :D

Gonna wait to see benchmarks on overclocked 8350's and then look into getting one. Then we'll see how much the 7970 is at that point, and I'll sell my 7850 and 4170 towards the cost of purchase.

Last edited:
+1, just noticed the drop today myself at newegg. Been a month coming! :p

The 7950 is now cheaper than the GTX 660...
...AMD's prices compared with nividia make nvidia look silly money.
Not in the states it isnt...(newegg):

7950 = $320

660ti = $300

Better add a disclaimer thats its only across the pond. ;)

Last edited:
The UK prices are often all out of whack compared to USA.
Nice to see the price actually dropping.

@ ED, yes, i keep forgetting about the strange pricing structure differences :chair:

If I'm right then month ago+ was drop for HD7970 and now is for lower cards so always have to wait +/- a month since announcement to see price drop in stores ( just some dealers are keeping older price for longer).
For HD7970 I see about ~$30-50 lower prices than 2 months ago.
I'm sometimes buying from amazon UK ( free shipping to Poland ;) ) and there I see £ 30-80 drop for HD7870/7950.
1st example http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11...I5AK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345714826&sr=8-2
£95 cheaper and it's about $140 if I count it right ...

Seems to be working, ocUK reported they sold 250 7870's and 100 7950' in one day vs 29 GTX 660ti's on the same day.

I have 2 PCs. A nvidia gamer & a AMD gamer. Even with a butterfly case swapping cards is still a pain in A$$. The AMD gamer just got a 7870 to replace 2 xfire 6770s. The Nvidia gamer has a GTX 460 that may get replaced with a 670 Nvidia, but only if goes below $300 and I dont mean $299.

I have 2 PCs. A nvidia gamer & a AMD gamer. Even with a butterfly case swapping cards is still a pain in A$$. The AMD gamer just got a 7870 to replace 2 xfire 6770s. The Nvidia gamer has a GTX 460 that may get replaced with a 670 Nvidia, but only if goes below $300 and I dont mean $299.

how bout 298? nah just kidding.. i've been hoping for the price drop of 670 too :thup: :D

Back