• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 6970's in CF. Second GPU 0%.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timsierramist

Registered
I've been scouring the net for answers to this problem that has been plaguing me for months, and have not found a solution.

I have 2 AMD Radeon 6970's in CF mode on my desktop PC. I have the cards currently overclocked via Afterburner, as shown in the attached pic, to
Core Voltage (mV): 1125
Power Limit (%): 0
Core Clock (MHz) 1000
Memory Clock (MHz) 1450
Fan Speed: Default Auto based on rising temps.

*I have the latest version of CCC, 12.8
*I have the latest drivers for my cards, per the pic.
*Cross Fire is enabled.
*I run my games in full screen.
*I have the bridge on correctly, I even put 2 bridges on (is that correct too?)
*I've tried raising and even lowering graphics settings in general.
*Via an option in MSI Afterburner under the Options>General tab, i've set "Synchronize Settings for similar graphics processors".
*I've tried using MSI Afterburner and CCC both to set overlock my graphics.

My issue here is, even in full screen mode on games, primarily as of right now, Second Life, my GPU #1 is doing all the muscle work while my second GPU is basically "standing around" doing nothing.

I would like to get my second GPU working, maybe evening out the power

I would like to add that the second GPU isn't completely flat lined. It will spike here and there, going as high as maybe 8 or 9% while my other GPU is trying to do all the heavy lifting on its own, even at 99% while my second GPU is at 0.

In any case, I really think i'm missing out on a lot of extra power here that is't being utilized as it should, causing some lag in games when there probably should be none.

These cards have always done this since day 1 when I first built this system (this was my first desktop system I have ever built, and I couldn't be happier with it, besides this issue).

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Glad to be part of the forums. Capture-7.png

I wanted to add this image. I usually let afterburner start up on its own with my PC. I manually shut down Afterburner, and then restarted it and explored a graphics intensive area in SL.

After switching out of the game and back to the desktop, I found that my second GPU was now running at almost 100%, while my second GPU was using a lot of power too.

The game ran smoother, but it was still laggy, here and there.

It doesn't look right to me still, but I leave that for you guys to judge, because I just simply don't know.

Capture1-2.png

Back