• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it fits in your wall outlet, it should be good to go. Have you looked or tried to do it?

Also, how are you going to route that wire through the case? Does it have holes large enough to fit it?

Think it out a bit... :)

I am unable to see those pictures at the office, they are blocked. Please attach the images through the site.

That said, Its honestly easier to just buy a fan that will fit out of the box than going through this effort to change plugs out etc.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/120mm-scythe-gentle-typhoon-1850-rpm-cooling-fan

The plugs out are too small for the wall so I need to find cable,cut plugs out and extend cable.On the fan are two wires(for each of two plugs).I will remove a plugs and extend cable.

I get the problem. Just buy what I linked and plug it in to your motherboard like you wanted originally. You dont know the hassle you will have trying to do this with the knowledge base you have exhibited so far (please dont take offense, its just not a good idea as you self proclaimed you have no idea about electricity). Its really easier to buy something that is appropriate for your application. A wall powered fan and hacking it to fit to your PC is NOT appropriate.

Last edited:
The plug on the fan looks like a pair of spade or mini-spade connectors.
You'll need to make yourself a wall plug cord for the fan.

This is a spade connector (normal size), for reference: http://www.zzxdatsun.com/images/catalog/wiring/wh1009-big.jpg
wh1009-big.jpg

So what you'll need to do is figure out which of the two pins on the fan is live and which is neutral, which of the two pins in the wall plug is live and which is neutral, and then wire them together. Obviously insulation is key, as wall power will kill you rather abruptly if you make contact with it.

In short, you can use the fan, but requires mucking about with more voltage than is really safe, and it won't plug into the motherboard.

That fan connetcor is one I have seen. It connects to a spot on a circuit card. It could be from any millions of electronic boxes that needed active cooling. Yes, spade terminals can be used to slide over the terminals, but there are about 10 sizes of spade terminals. I'd only use shielded terminals.

I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't have the correct crimping tool.

OP: Please don't try it, you can easily kill yourself with this unless you know what your doing.

Last edited:
+ 1 ^^^^^ Great advice conumdrum. If you dont wire it up right or you accidentally ground a live wire to your case you could electracute yourself blueYe89 ...... not a good thing. I dont think you wont get any better cooling form the fan than you would from a propper 12 volt fan made for a computer.

Actually, virtually every home in America has 240V/60Hz.

For instance, your dryer/oven/AC/water heater will utilize 240V.

It's the B-phase to Neutral.

Actually, virtually every home in America has 240V/60Hz.

For instance, your dryer/oven/AC/water heater will utilize 240V.

It's the B-phase to Neutral.

Yes, correct. Does that help the poster when he is in Europe and has no clue about electricity? And they are 50hz across the pond.

Last edited:
Thanks for advices my friends.I give up that idea and I will buy some computer fan.This is high risk for my life :).
Thanks anyway to everyone of you.

Back