• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueye89

Registered
Does anyone know how to connect my 120mm cooler on the motherboard ?
Model is: Papst 4850 N

Please help me :(

:welcome: to the forums

Does it not have a standard 3 or 4 pin connector on it?
3pinfansensor.jpg

Or is it a normal 4pin Molex connector (one that would plugin to a hard drive/dvd drive/etc)

122C9266-840A-10A8-B609D99738835D47.jpg

For future reference, try to describe the issue in the title of the thread instead of just typing 'help me' so that it is easier to sort through the messages to find the issue.

:welcome: to the forums

Does it not have a standard 3 or 4 pin connector on it?
3pinfansensor.jpg

Or is it a normal 4pin Molex connector (one that would plugin to a hard drive/dvd drive/etc)

122C9266-840A-10A8-B609D99738835D47.jpg

For future reference, try to describe the issue in the title of the thread instead of just typing 'help me' so that it is easier to sort through the messages to find the issue.

I will take photo of fan connectors and post picture in few minutes.
Please wait.

Ehh.. doesnt that fan need a WALL plug? Specs say 230v AC....If so, NOT POSSIBLE.

Host the pictures at the site. I am unable to see them externally (potentially others as well).

Judging by your pics that is a 230 volt fan and would be pluged directly to your wall socket. Running these off your power supply ...... I don't think so.

Attachments

• DSC05742.jpg
    DSC05742.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC05743.jpg
    DSC05743.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 148
That's really confusing. From what I can see, that's a standsrd American wall plug, but we use 120V AC here, 240V AC is used in Europe.

Either way, there's no way to run that off your motherboard.

I really don't know what is this kind of plugs but I only want to connect to my motherboard.
Asus M2N68.I don't know anything about electric.
Thanks.

Clearly thats a wall plug. Motherboards do not have that plug nor the power to support it. As mentioned, you will NOT be able to use that fan on your motherboard or PSU.

Please use the edit button instead of double posting. :)

We have mentioned already, NO. :(

The fan is designed to plug into a wall, not a computer.

Of note - a european wall plug, not one in north america/USA.

Clearly thats a wall plug. Motherboards do not have that plug nor the power to support it. As mentioned, you will NOT be able to use that fan on your motherboard or PSU.

Do you have a 230V wired home (not sure where you live this is normally not a USA thing) with an outlet that accepts that type of plug?

Back