• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's happened in every set of coupons I've gotten. Everything from "Hey, you just got a Sansa Clip. You must like MP3 players, here's a code for an Ipod." to "you upgraded to 16GB RAM? Everyone needs more. Here's a code." I think they kinda need to refine that thing.
Something akin to what Amazon does (tracking what items you've viewed or searched for on their site) and then sending some offers/suggestions, is what NewEgg has to do with those coupons. Sending those coupons after the fact seems more like being ridiculed because you payed more then they were willing to let it go for.

Something akin to what Amazon does (tracking what items you've viewed or searched for on their site) and then sending some offers/suggestions, is what NewEgg has to do with those coupons. Sending those coupons after the fact seems more like being ridiculed because you payed more then they were willing to let it go for.

I think we're talking about different things. I've gotten emails from just looking at things. Example:

Dear <name retracted>,

Interested in Computer Cases? Take a look at a few of the most popular items in this category on Newegg.com:

If you have already completed your Computer Cases purchase, please simply disregard this e-mail. We thank you sincerely for shopping at Newegg!

The ones I'm talking about look like this:

Dear <name retracted>,

As a small token of our thanks for your recent purchase of a ADATA Premier Pro SP900 ASP900S3-64GM-C 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD), please use these bonus coupon codes to save a few dollars as you finish your new computer build or upgrade!

While that email just happened to have a code for Samsung SSDs, it was tucked in with some external hard drive codes, fan codes, RAM, etc. I mean, there may be some search/view tracking involved, it just seems kinda redundant. (Also, the SSD was free with the little nettop I'm using as an HTPC. Newegg LOVES me. Or my money... :D )

Last edited:
No it's more like this:

As a small token of our thanks for your recent purchase of a Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 12" Powered Subwoofer Each, here are some bonus coupon codes that should help you save a few dollars as you finish your shopping!

**PROMO CODES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE and may only be redeemed using the Newegg account attached to this e-mail address. Items sold by Newegg Marketplace sellers do not qualify. Not valid on open box and refurbished items.

And the first line is 40% Select Home Audio Speakers, which are mostly subs.

I do hate browsing Amazon logged in sometimes. but they do send coupons or deals on things I have been browsing. Hopefully I won't be logged in at work unattended, my co-workers are ruthless with unlocked computers!

Last edited:
They are transferable, what you do is if you wanna give away your codes, tell the person you're giving them to to use your accs email adress, don't login to their own.

They won't get any of your information, or anything. It's a large hole in NewEgg's little meangirl system of coupons.

I think we're talking about different things. I've gotten emails from just looking at things. Example:

I've gotten those too, but they are a rarity.

The ones I'm talking about look like this:
While that email just happened to have a code for Samsung SSDs, it was tucked in with some external hard drive codes, fan codes, RAM, etc. I mean, there may be some search/view tracking involved, it just seems kinda redundant. (Also, the SSD was free with the little nettop I'm using as an HTPC. Newegg LOVES me. Or my money... :D )

Which is exactly what I was referring to as well. Coupons for something that you had just purchased. Sure, there may be coupons in there for something else you might need, but for me, when I made a purchase I try to get everything at once. So those coupons coming after the fact, are useless to me since I already purchased what I wanted.

Which is exactly what I was referring to as well. Coupons for something that you had just purchased. Sure, there may be coupons in there for something else you might need, but for me, when I made a purchase I try to get everything at once. So those coupons coming after the fact, are useless to me since I already purchased what I wanted.

So...you think they aren't needed because you don't need them? Sometimes I find them useful. If I'm doing a complete computer build, then yes, I buy everything at once. But other things (fans, cables, adapters, etc.) I tend to buy in bits & pieces as long as shipping is free. So some of the codes can help - that fan code from the SSD in particular helped in replacing a couple 120mm case fans

But I can see how you'd think they don't help if there's nothing you need.

That's happened in every set of coupons I've gotten. Everything from "Hey, you just got a Sansa Clip. You must like MP3 players, here's a code for an Ipod." to "you upgraded to 16GB RAM? Everyone needs more. Here's a code." I think they kinda need to refine that thing.

I hate when Newegg sends you personal coupons on stuff you bought already. Hey since you bought a Polk Audio sub from us, here's our way of saying thanks by giving you a personal coupon for 40% off on select subs. Like I need to buy another one :bang head

Referring back to the original reason for the quote, it seems that both of you dislike how you get a coupon for something AFTER you just purchased the same exact/like item. I agree with this completely and it is what I was referring to with my responses. It's not that they don't help because there is nothing I need, it's just as you two already pointed out (and I am repeating myself yet again...), receiving coupons for the same exact/like item AFTER you've already purchased said item.

Back