• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've got ~$300 saved to spend on an upgrade and was thinking of trading in my 4300 vishera for a devils canyon but that $300 770 after MIR is a tempting upgrade from my 270x...

I've got ~$300 saved to spend on an upgrade and was thinking of trading in my 4300 vishera for a devils canyon but that $300 770 after MIR is a tempting upgrade from my 270x...

Personally I don't like buying video cards new at retail when they're late in their sales cycle.

The Maxwells are just around the corner, and they're going to be big upgrades over Kepler.

It's so funny you say that because initially I was gonna upgrade my vishera 4300 to a devils canyon at micro center but was told a gpu would be a larger upgrade. I had/have the same reservation as you though with late cycle buying

It's so funny you say that because initially I was gonna upgrade my vishera 4300 to a devils canyon at micro center but was told a gpu would be a larger upgrade. I had/have the same reservation as you though with late cycle buying

770 probably would be the bigger upgrade right now since you'd still likely be GPU bound with a new CPU, but I've been waiting on my 6950 for a while for Maxwell, I'll keep waiting until it's out or AMD releases something on a similar IPW level.

8/16/14

That MSI GT Series GT60 Dominator for $1300...damn. The 17" version also has a $100-off promo code. And here my brother just got a custom Sager a month ago...

Last edited:
For those who have limited funds you can scoop up a used r9 series card for next to nothing on ebay
R9 270xs going for around $100 shipped
280xs I seen dipped to $150 shipped
290xs for $300 shipped. Keep in mind most of these cards were mined with but still helpful for those on a budget

I'd say the pricing changes are pointing toward an eminent release of the 3d nand with TLC 850 standard/EVO in the near future.

The process is cheaper and allows for superior endurance and speed. Everyone is probably trying to clear 840 inventory as quickly as they can before the new hotness is on the market forcing prices of the old 840 series even further down.

Back