• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's been a really good week for SSD sales this past week.

Right at this very moment:
$185 for Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB with the Visa Checkout promo
$175 for Intel 730 480GB with Visa Checkout (need filler, I tacked on an CAT6 cable)

In the last week I've seen from Newegg a $85 Crucial MX100 256GB and a $170 512GB, and there were good deals from other vendors too. I ended up running with the Intel 730 yesterday, its already listed as shipped, so I don't really want to deal with the refusing shipment rigamole to jump on the Sandisk (and I already have to refuse shipment on a 240GB Sandisk Extreme Pro for $130 from Amazon from earlier yesterday!)

The $20 IP cameras from TrendNet looks fairly decent, but according to the reviews, it isn't that much of a discount, and a lot of reviewers don't like them.

However I would like a nice motion sensing camera to catch whoever is stealing my pepper plants.

Doesn't amazon have free returns?

"Independent Design Items:
All Independent Design items are sold by third-party sellers. See the section Seller Return Policy above.

You must contact the third-party seller within 15 days of receipt to request return information.
Orders are eligible for free returns within this period using a seller provided pre-paid return label. Free returns are only available for customers with a shipping address within the United States.
Returns are not acceptable if the items have been worn, damaged, washed or otherwise altered after delivery.
All returned items must have all tags attached. Items without all applicable tags are not acceptable for return."

So kinda :-/

Also, someone's stealing your pepper plants torin? :sly:

oh well mine was in stock and shipped by amazon so...

some of these deals are good and all but I think its at the point to wait and see what is gonna happen tomorrow or Monday.
any one have any objections to a 120gig SSD boot drive for windows 7?

oh well mine was in stock and shipped by amazon so...

some of these deals are good and all but I think its at the point to wait and see what is gonna happen tomorrow or Monday.
any one have any objections to a 120gig SSD boot drive for windows 7?

Thats what I use as my benching SSD. Had it as my main SSD for awhile and was able to get a couple of my main programs and games on it.

A couple days ago I pulled the trigger on these for $110.18 US (after the 5% discount for ordering off my phone.) Uses four slots but I suppose that's why they're there. ;)

I pulled the trigger on a set for my NAS (also running the same set in my main rig). I don't OC RAM like I used to anymore (not as much fun as BH5 or TCCD), so I just get the cheapest and largest sticks my budget allows for. :)

Just ordered parts for my son all from NE. Pretty good prices.

ASRock Fatality Z97 and i5-4690k
8gb GSkill 1866 DDR3 ($56 btw)
Coolermaster Neutron AIO
Corsair 550w GOLD modular PSU
GTX970 Gigabyte G1
120gb SSD for OS, 500gb Samsung EVO for programs/games

Nice picks. Why the second SSD? Why not just one larger drive?

I did the same thing for my rig recently. Same setup too, Samsung EVOs. Had to replace a just out of warranty WD 1TB drive, and realized I never really used all the stuff on the spare drives. Ended up just adding the extra drives into my RAID on my NAS/media pc and keeping it all there.

Much faster game load times, no more HDD activity noise, and now I can ditch my huge EATX Lian-Li down the road for a small cube or something. Plus I mean if you really don't need the storage space, why not go for the faster performing drive?

Back