• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey thx for posting these
I for some reason Never get these even though I am set to get them

Are there import tariffs or some kind of other large tax on tech?

In Canada?

There can be if say, you bought me a CPU. I'd be charged taxes when I get the item.

Tech prices are just naturally higher up here. Actually, pretty much everything is.

Okay, the import tax is probably why tech is more expensive there, then. Right? I have a friend that used to live in Canada who I sent a few parts to because he was still in college and had a crappy PC and I put the value really low so it cost him very little, but now that you mention it I do recall that tax/fee/tariff.

Okay, the import tax is probably why tech is more expensive there, then. Right? I have a friend that used to live in Canada who I sent a few parts to because he was still in college and had a crappy PC and I put the value really low so it cost him very little, but now that you mention it I do recall that tax/fee/tariff.

Nothing is guaranteed in life except death and taxes. ;)

I doubt they're any good, even for TN panels, but one of the daily deals is a pair of Sceptre monitors. They're not 1080p+, not even 1680x1050, but for $140 they should be OK for anyone who solely needs a lot of horizontal resolution and doesn't mind the bezel in the middle.

This may be completely irresponsible of me...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Notice the volume discount, buying 2 or more took the price from $169.99 to 127.99 each. Then, with PCPartPicker, I found a Promo Code that removed $50 PER MOTHERBOARD. So I paid $159.87 for 2 of these motherboards, and get 2 $30 Mail in Rebate Cards, too. So after MIR, each board is under $50.

Do I need 2? Of course not. They're sold out now, so maybe I am wasting my time, but I feel like a got a steal.

Back