• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ouch! Don't beat yourself up too much. No one could have predicted how well the high-end Maxwell cards would do.

You can probably still sell the 770 and get more than enough to pick up a 290 or 290x. That would at least shrink the gap between your 770 and the 970/80.

I would compare it to the 970 which almost matches it's performance for a good $50+ less, instead of my 7970's ;)

And uses about 100 less watts of power while offering a newer feature set and a possibly further into the future driver support period.

There isn't much reason to buy the Kepler series at this point unless it's getting a steal on someone's used gear.

I would compare it to the 970 which almost matches it's performance for a good $50+ less, instead of my 7970's ;)

That would be a better comparison. Also you can get two 7970s for about $300 or less used (not sure why anyone would buy them new at this point).

If they really want to sell these 780Tis in a hurry, they would need to price them ~$380-390. That would put them just above the 970, by about the same percentage as they are ahead of it in performance.

That would be a better comparison. Also you can get two 7970s for about $300 or less used (not sure why anyone would buy them new at this point).

If they really want to sell these 780Tis in a hurry, they would need to price them ~$380-390. That would put them just above the 970, by about the same percentage as they are ahead of it in performance.

exactly :D

Back