• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think it could probably keep it at norm. speed with a better fan, possibly 2 so you can do that push pull magic.

it'd be about the equivalent to the H50 I used on a 6600k I used on the wifes computer. smaller unit, smaller cpu
I needed it to be quiet so I swapped the one fan with 2 Silverstone golfball fans and it keeps the 6600k loaded at around 43C, in a prodigy M case with a non modular power supply and only one other 120mm case fan at that.

things gonna die, but atleast not from a CPU overheat

I think it could probably keep it at norm. speed with a better fan, possibly 2 so you can do that push pull magic.

it'd be about the equivalent to the H50 I used on a 6600k I used on the wifes computer. smaller unit, smaller cpu
I needed it to be quiet so I swapped the one fan with 2 Silverstone golfball fans and it keeps the 6600k loaded at around 43C, in a prodigy M case with a non modular power supply and only one other 120mm case fan at that.

things gonna die, but atleast not from a CPU overheat

A 6600K is half the CPU that a 9590 is, and it's slower. If you were already at 43C, imagine doubling the CPU and then speeding it up more...
The cooler couldn't take it.

A 6600K is half the CPU that a 9590 is, and it's slower. If you were already at 43C, imagine doubling the CPU and then speeding it up more...

My biggest concern is someone simply seeing Black edition chip, good motherboard (I think, haven't kept up on the AMD side) and an AIO cooler. Next minute he's pouring on the voltage & clocks without realizing the 9590 has a 220w TDP stock. Then something will either fry or it'll keep thermal throttling or shutting down, and that's how you get bad reviews on otherwise decent CPUs and coolers.

Daily email deal to stay somewhat on topic.

Last edited:
I'm itching to build a Z97 platform with the Asus z97 WS & 4790K. Loving the 4 PCI E 3.0 x16 slots and could definitely build a beast of a gaming rig with it. Decisions, decisions :D

that's what I am saying though, the 6600k is half the cpu but the H50 is half the cooler aswell

I think ATM is right, It would work for a second but it could never keep up with the amount of heat those things kick out. I had to sell mine because not even an Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240 push/pull was up to the task. My 2cents. Just so people don't think it will work when it won't. Maybe if ambient temps are like 2 degrees C.

I think ATM is right, It would work for a second but it could never keep up with the amount of heat those things kick out. I had to sell mine because not even an Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240 push/pull was up to the task. My 2cents. Just so people don't think it will work when it won't. Maybe if ambient temps are like 2 degrees C.

Yeah, I'm speaking from experience of dealing with that heat as well:
http://url.hwbot.org/1Av66ds

No way would a single 120/140 keep up, my Glacer (with ~0°C ambient) could barely hold for these subs.
That's not even close to stable for 24/7, where I was at on this chip.

Go back and re read my post. I said normal speed nothing about overclocking....

New sale

oh strange, that link takes you to half way down the page.

tempted on that gigglebyte AM3+ mobo for $110. don't exactly need a 990 chipset though, 2x 16x 2.0 is all I think came with 990's

Last edited:
Nice, 290X lightning for $300 (AR). Amazing card. Mine OCs to 1200+ for gaming. Excellent alternative to the 970 if you don't mind the extra watts :thup:

Back