• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6670 - Component Video Out on VGA port

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Knufire

Anybody know if a 6670 would support this out of the box?

I have a semi-old TV that doesn't really have a use now. Only inputs are 3 RCA (YPbPr) and yellow RCA + S-video. Just wondering if I could get a cable like this and use the TV as a monitor, or I'd need an active converter box.

60251.jpg

What kind of TV? I've been hooking up pc's to tv's 20 year ago when i go my 63 inch sony xbr even hooked it up to 27 tube TV so yes it should work but how good it would look?

A VGA connector carries the RGB analog components, horizontal sync, vertical sync and VESA Display Data Channel, so it should work. I say it should work because I do not know if the GPU requires to identify the display for it to work using the VESA DDC.

I think it would work, some old cards did not support this but they included a (A)VIVO output to connect the GPU to TVs and all sorts of devices. This is the port that looked like a PS/2 but with more pins (9 IIRC).7

Off-topic: Damn, I've been offlie for a lot of time. Congratulations on the blue jacket, buddy!

Back