• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Dual DVI Freeze Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmo_9000

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had an issue with certain ATI cards where if you have dual monitors both hooked up to DVI the computer will BSOD and randomly freeze.

I've been having this problem since I built my comp in January. I think I may have resolved it by using the VGA adapter and connecting my secondary monitor with that instead of DVI. So far it seems like my computer is finally stable.

This is the thread here.

At first I thought it might be a bad motherboard, then I thought it might be my SSD, then my memory, and finally having one of the monitors on VGA seems to have fixed it.

I constantly updated my drivers for six months and they never fixed this problem, I guess AMD can't let us have dual monitors using DVI on both. Pretty sure this is the last AMD graphics card I ever buy in any case.

Back