• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Isle Studios is back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardin

Has anyone else heard about this? http://www.blackisle.com/
Apparently it just appeared today. I'm not sure what to make of this. If it is a hoax then it's very mean! But if it's real then who is working there and what game are they planning?

The website is registered to "INTERPLAY ENTERTAINMENT CORP", for what it is worth.

I tried hitting their website but I couldn't get to it.

EDIT: I see they made Earthworm Jim... I am Pvt.Dancer and I approve this publisher.

Interplay is the publisher for the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Fallout, and Planescape. So, here's to hoping...

Interplay was a huge company back in the day. Many famous games you may have heard about were published by them. I don't think they ever went away, but all last decade they were in a terrible economic situation and I haven't heard about them making a game in a long time.

I would be very excited if this is a comeback.

Interplay is the publisher for the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Fallout, and Planescape. So, here's to hoping...

Don't forget the Descent series... Kind of tired of DnD games, though. Would like to see an updated version of Freespace. Doesn't need to compete with EVE as an MMO, I'd just like some official multiplayer servers, updated graphics, new missions, and maybe new ships/weapons. If they could allow piloting of larger-class ships, that'd be cool too.

We need a Facebook like button.

OK - OK, no we don't but AWESOME! One of my all time favourites was Torment. I would love to see another in-depth RPG from these guys.

They had a number of awesome games. Fallout 2 and Planescape both rank up in my favorite RPGs ever. I think planescape is only 2cds though not 5 :)

Between this and interplay's comments that they are trying to get development back underway I am cautiously optimistic. Still not much talk though so I will wait until there is actual game footage from something. I consider Black Isle's fate to be tied rather closely with interplay.

Still blackisle had Fallout, Planescape, Icewind Dale, and Baldur's gate all parts of the isometric RPG genre that has all but disappeared (with the exception of dragon age) since about 2002, a genre that I greatly miss.

If we got interplay as well back in business we would could have a new Descent, MDK, and Earthworm Jim as well.

I would be very excited if this is a comeback.

Don't call it a comeback, they been here for years! :)

LL Cool J jokes aside, the possibility of Baldur's Gate III gave me warm fuzzies of the good ol Pentium II days for a second.

Don't call it a comeback, they been here for years! :)

LL Cool J jokes aside, the possibility of Baldur's Gate III gave me warm fuzzies of the good ol Pentium II days for a second.

BG II first RPG I ever played, on a P2 350MHz with 192MB PC-133 SDRAM and ATI Rage Pro :)

Interplay = Planescape Torment, one of my all time favorite games. What was it, 5 disks?

The first version was 4 disks
The second was 2 disks (And also included the patches)

Now you can get it as a digital download from good old games.

Back