• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice for casing top fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

Hey guys what i heard and well i guess its science too , when air is hot it end to rise up , so its best to have the top fans to be exhaust.

Thing is , my PC is next to me under my table lol , so if i do so , mean i will feel all the hot air ??

Not to mention im from ASIA which is a hot country , my room temperature are always 30 degree celcius even when colder days its only low as 28 degree celcius

So what should i do , is it ok if i make it intake instead ?

be using Silverstone RL01 Red Line series. But they made a air filter for top , does that mean its meant for intake actually ??

Here's a picture on how i place my PC

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0906099897745.430906.686112744&type=3&theater

Top/rear = exhaust
Front/sides = intake

I cant reach facebook from the office. But it doesnt matter. You want air FLOW, and switching your top to intake doesnt do much for anything/anyone as the heat is coming out of the box regardless. Not like you will feel it really. Its not an oven.

Allot would depend on your system and how much heat it generates. Its not the best but you could reverse your airflow and try to pull your hot air out the front or the side. How succesfull you are will depend on how much stuff you have in the case. I tried this with my Cosmos II with not allot of luck mind you my FX8150 generates a ton of heat.

I see well i think i will follow up before i asking this question , i think i give it a go as EXHAUST , it i do feel heat from it i guess i will switch to intake =)

Because my computer room its seriously hot zz , since its a room deep inside my house , i dont have air cond here , only fan zz not even ceiling fan , table fan.

Also no windows for outside fresh air to come in so im kinda coupe (i think thats the right word) in here and my computer producing heat releasing it into the room make thing worst

My PC might not have heat problem , but i will lol ! Sometime i literally sweat when playing if its a hot day !

Back