• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im seriously about to send my 6870 back. help me!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YAMA187

ok so the main reason i built the pc was for one time!! to play the gane "guild wars 2" ive been waiting for this game for 5 years now.

i am having so much trouble running it for some reason. i can run all my other games on high but now this one for some reason.

the drivers are updated and everything. it just seem like its not enough. which i cant impagine it now being. ill sometimes get 3-40 fps but it will drop really quickly. i honestly dont know why. the frame rate when im actually playing is 10-17 which is unexceptable. im playing at 3.6 ghz

i reinstalled the game
have a great connectiom

here what im thinking the problems might be.

some how the psu isnt providing the card with enough power
because i have xp 32 bit it doesnt think that all the ram is there.
my card is just plainly not enough. for 200 $ it should be enough.
i need to reinstall windows.
i should have bought a nvidia 560 ti

i know that it say theres a x7 multiplier on the 0 core. but thats now true. in the bios i have it x15.5

Attachments

• rammmmmmmmmm.jpg
    rammmmmmmmmm.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Could be RAM instability, it's not running at its stock settings. Manually put in the speed and timings in the XMP-1600 column under the SPD tab into the BIOS.

There is no XMP-1600 column in the bios. I put the sore to auto though. So that it would hopefully pick the right speed

Holy quadruple post batman... find the edit button man! :p

1. If your PSU wasnt providing enough power it wouldnt work PERIOD under load. That said, that PSU is a POS. Get another one when you can.
2. It could be not enough ram. Upgrade your OS to a 64bit OS
2a. Your ram is HIGHLY overclocked. It could be instability there. Lower the multiplier to put your ram back close to its speed (800Mhz)
3. 6870 should be getting better FPS I would imagine. Have you looked up any performance reviews on GW2? Or looked in our GW2 thread for any information on FPS?
4. Maybe need to reinstall windows... Go for it.
5. 560ti is a more powerful card sure, but see #3.

Ok my movo suggestes not running more than 3gb of ram on a 32 bit os. So I pulled a stick. That didn't seem to anything. Change the timing and stuff. Didn't help

Dont pull a stick... leave all 4 in there for DUAL CHANNEL operation.

Did you read/try #2/2a/4? You have ideas... time to try them.

My friend has a 3770 and SLI 580s and he says in some areas he dips into 40s. Could just be the game?

I only have 2 sticks of ram. 2x4gb It's not letting me use my restore disc. I'm goig to upgrade to windows 7 as soon as inhabit the money.... All my drivers should be good. When I go Into my bios I went ands turn GPU boost off of auto. And it said it was at 700 MHz should I set it to what the card should be at

GPU boost? Isnt that for the integrated GPU?

Ok so fine.. .single channel by pulling one stick. That isnt the problem.

i put the stick back. im starting to think its a cpu problem because i can run at medium settings and still have the same fram rate

Back